What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help genny guys !!!

bartrv

Initiate
I have been building for ages now but i never had a geni tank before. I decided to get something that is close to a geni but I can use cotton with . I just got a Sxk Corolla . I know it's not a true geni but it works very similar as much as I understand. I am just wondering how to wick this sucker. I understand that you supposed to stuff it with cotton right to the bottom for better wicking as it doesn't wick by gravity if that makes sense. I need some advice from the veterans !! Thanks in advance.

Can't help ya bud, but maybe change the thread title so it catches some Genigoon's eye better?

That's the idea, cut it so it reaches the bottom of the well,
But only just, fluff it up a little and don't stuff it in but gently tease it in do it keeps its fluffiness.
Often worth gently lifting it at the 'shoulder' so it has a nice easy passage up to the coil.

Does tilting it while vaping makes a difference ? It's a different art for me completely I'm used to building on my aromamizer and other rtas.

I don't own one but do have a couple of Nectar rda's which are the same but much less capacity. Natural tilting whilst vaping should
Be enough but you should only really need to worry about that when the tank is nearly dry.
You are relying on capillary action here to wick, not by soaking

That's the word I was missing here that was on the end of my tounge! CAPILLARY! It makes it difficult to fluff it out as the bottom tank section don't come apart.(I don't think so).

When you cut the cotton it will bunch a bit, just blow, or fluff it up and gently tease it in with tweezers or a small screwdriver etc, think tease not stuff. [emoji106]

There is a balancing of forces going on. Capillary action occurs due to surface tension. Basically, the juice trys to soak the wick so that the surface area of liquid is minimised. In a genny, gravity acts towards preventing/slowing this.

Another thing that can slow or stop this capillary action is the pressure (actually, it is a lowering of it) inside your tank. As you vape and draw up liquid, you reduce the contents of your tank. This means there is less pressure inside your tank than the air pressure outside of your tank. Juice can be prevented from wicking due to this imbalance. A way of preventing this "pressure locking" of your tank is to make sure the cotton isn't blocking the wicking hole too much (so little bubbles of air can get in). This is where trial and error comes in: too much cotton = pressure locked tank, but too little cotton = leaky tank.
EDIT: it looks like the sxn corolla might have tiny holes drilled into the deck (for filling and to prevent this pressure locking from happening). I can't be sure though.

I vape with mesh, and I always make my mesh coil at least 0.5mm thinner in diameter than the wick hole. This works a treat. Unfortunately I can't give you exact pointers for this tank, particularly when using cotton. All I can say is try experimenting with the thickness of cotton.

Back
Top Bottom