What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Genius bit of wicking...

domejunky

Achiever
Very clever way of making a variation of mesh in mesh, but out of one piece of mesh. Really quick to make and works like a charm. I'm learning that I like my meshes snug in their wick holes, with enough space down the centre for air. This gets me a leak proof setup. This method works perfectly for that, lots of little bubbles to look at too. Been using it in Origennys, but would apply to any non centre wicked Gennie...

I have never seen a mesh build wick like that. Its like a bloody dripper....

It's a good wicking method, it reduces the hotspot issue to almost nothing as the wick expands to the coil with just the right out of pressure. Used in my krakens and sat22 for the last year.

A lot of us used to do that when gennies first came out. We used drill bits back then as coil jigs werent yet invented. Lmao

Youtube of todd at Todds reviews doing "the drill bit method" on a gennie back in 2012

Fuck, this makes me feel old.
Next thing i know, my clothes will be coming back into fashion [emoji6]

The OP method is the only way I could get the MCR 303 wicking properly, its a simple idea that works well.

Hi All

Sorry to sound daft but i have no knowledge of this style of tank and using mesh.
could someone maybe explain to me the basics.

Thanks

Sam

Back
Top Bottom