What's new

Finally given up with the Avocado.

I have had this for 2 months now and I believe I have wicked it right twice. Believe me when you get this thing right it is absolutely incredible on the flavour front however is the hassle of getting the wicking right worth the flavour? In my opinion no. Its such a fine line between amazing flavour and tasting completely dud its frustrating. I had such high hopes and I have watched countless videos on wicking but its just not meant to be for me and the avocado!

That's a shame mate, I haven't got the avocado yet. I've just bought the limitless RTDA plus and it really doesn't care how you wick it! I watched one video on YouTube and the flavours been great. Sorry to hear your having problems

@sirflavourthefifth vourthefifth I have two Avocado's and they are tricky little buggers. After much experimenting, I only use mine in single coil mode for (kind of) easy filling..I find that if you make the wicks too long, they get sucked into the tank, then it pulls away from the top edge of the coil...so, try the length shown here:

1479339957058.jpg

Last edited:
best way to wick this is with 2 x 400 ss mesh wicks inside tank cut just below deck holes then just rest cotton on wicks works a treat everytime
20161120_162326_resized.jpg

I have had this for 2 months now and I believe I have wicked it right twice. Believe me when you get this thing right it is absolutely incredible on the flavour front however is the hassle of getting the wicking right worth the flavour? In my opinion no. Its such a fine line between amazing flavour and tasting completely dud its frustrating. I had such high hopes and I have watched countless videos on wicking but its just not meant to be for me and the avocado!

My little Avocado is one of my favourites.The way I wick the little bugger, is to just rest the cotton on top of the feed holes (really just entering them,not into tank).Make sure thought that the holes are not completely blocked with cotton,make a very small breather space down the side of each wick.Tried it in single coil but found that the tank could not breath fully( not enough air getting back into tank) and I was getting dry hits.When you get it right.....boy, O'boy.Hope this helps.

My little Avocado is one of my favourites.The way I wick the little bugger, is to just rest the cotton on top of the feed holes (really just entering them,not into tank).Make sure thought that the holes are not completely blocked with cotton,make a very small breather space down the side of each wick.Tried it in single coil but found that the tank could not breath fully( not enough air getting back into tank) and I was getting dry hits.When you get it right.....boy, O'boy.Hope this helps.

Didn't even look after I posted this. I ended up giving it to my friend. He links it I'm so lazy I'm just sticking to rdas until I find something less fiddly haha. Cheers though mate

Back
Top Bottom