What's new

fasttech kraken seals.....

Been my ADV for about 6 months, only done that once then put PTFE under the tank seals. Just removing the very top part of the top-cap to fill makes it impossible to disturb the tank as well.

yeah i can see where you're coming from on the top cap(apologies if i came accross a bit narky),but even with one of the o rings removed its still awkward to pull it off.
Anyhoos,all this talk of o rings has led me to having a bit of a faff about with it and have removed the ring at the very bottom,the one below the tank,and this seems to have sorted it,I think it must have been the extra force needed to push it off this ring that was causing the tank to slide off-bloody simple really :doh:

Last edited:
Just measure the o'rings and get a bag of them from eBay later if you need them. IIRC outside diameter 16 mm and 1.5 mm thick.

If you have one that's too loose either buy a slightly thicker size or put some PTFE plumbers tape under the o'ring.

To avoid the issue (non-issue IMO) of pulling the tank off with the top-cap when filling, just remove the very top part of the top-cap: simples.

i don't have a set of callipers to do it accurately otherwise it's the first thing i would have done. it may be a non-issue for you but i quite like to keep my juice in my e-cig when i put it in my pocket....

yeah i can see where you're coming from on the top cap(apologies if i came accross a bit narky),but even with one of the o rings removed its still awkward to pull it off.
Anyhoos,all this talk of o rings has led me to having a bit of a faff about with it and have removed the ring at the very bottom,the one below the tank,and this seems to have sorted it,I think it must have been the extra force needed to push it off this ring that was causing the tank to slide off-bloody simple really :doh:

Interestingly my hcigar kraken from vapegeek did not come with a o ring below the tank glass
The shield only seals at the o ring at the top above the glass
Pops on nicely

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Interestingly my hcigar kraken from vapegeek did not come with a o ring below the tank glass
The shield only seals at the o ring at the top above the glass
Pops on nicely

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

As did mine,but the genuine one came with a ring on the bottom(normal or just a one off mistake by VA ?),so i put one on the clone as well,bit of a silly idea as it turns out,now taken them both off and the caps pop off a treat.
Sometimes the soloution to a problem is staring you so hard in the face you don't notice it.
m0th have a look at what plumeblu posted on the previous page...

Last edited:
i'm gonna get on the case tomorrow, i'll have a look to the plumb centre and order some off ebay. it's definitely too loose, i daren't put it in my pocket.

i don't have a set of callipers to do it accurately otherwise it's the first thing i would have done. it may be a non-issue for you but i quite like to keep my juice in my e-cig when i put it in my pocket....

I checked and my FT ones have tank seals: outside diameter 16 mm and 1.5 mm thick.

No apologies necessary, of the two I have one is very tight even with skinnier o'rings, but the other you can pull off with the drip-tip.

Neither of mine came with an o'ring below the tank, but I put a loosish one there which works well, I origionaly put a taghter one there and that was the time I pulled the top-cap and moved the tank. PTFE tape under the tank seals works really well.

Back
Top Bottom