POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

fasttech kraken seals.....

Discussion in 'All Things Mesh and Genesis' started by m0th, Jun 15, 2014.

1. pogle

pogle Postman

yeah i can see where you're coming from on the top cap(apologies if i came accross a bit narky),but even with one of the o rings removed its still awkward to pull it off.
    Anyhoos,all this talk of o rings has led me to having a bit of a faff about with it and have removed the ring at the very bottom,the one below the tank,and this seems to have sorted it,I think it must have been the extra force needed to push it off this ring that was causing the tank to slide off-bloody simple really :doh:

#11 pogle, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. m0th

m0th Postman

i don't have a set of callipers to do it accurately otherwise it's the first thing i would have done. it may be a non-issue for you but i quite like to keep my juice in my e-cig when i put it in my pocket....

3. sparkyjuice

sparkyjuice Achiever

Interestingly my hcigar kraken from vapegeek did not come with a o ring below the tank glass
    The shield only seals at the o ring at the top above the glass
    Pops on nicely

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

4. pogle

pogle Postman

As did mine,but the genuine one came with a ring on the bottom(normal or just a one off mistake by VA ?),so i put one on the clone as well,bit of a silly idea as it turns out,now taken them both off and the caps pop off a treat.
    Sometimes the soloution to a problem is staring you so hard in the face you don't notice it.
    m0th have a look at what plumeblu posted on the previous page...

#14 pogle, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  5. m0th

m0th Postman

i'm gonna get on the case tomorrow, i'll have a look to the plumb centre and order some off ebay. it's definitely too loose, i daren't put it in my pocket.

6. Vaping Bad

Vaping Bad Postman

I checked and my FT ones have tank seals: outside diameter 16 mm and 1.5 mm thick.

• Thank Thank x 1
  7. Vaping Bad

Vaping Bad Postman

No apologies necessary, of the two I have one is very tight even with skinnier o'rings, but the other you can pull off with the drip-tip.

Neither of mine came with an o'ring below the tank, but I put a loosish one there which works well, I origionaly put a taghter one there and that was the time I pulled the top-cap and moved the tank. PTFE tape under the tank seals works really well.