What's new

Doom RTA Coil clamp issues

Clonedogg

Hi, I have bought 2 Doom RTA’s and verified they're legitimate but have the same problem in both in that the coil won’t clamp one side. It’s the same side in both atomisers I bought. Upon removing the coil clamp screws and the clamping blocks themselves I found that the machined blocks underneath are different. One has square edges and one has curved edges. The clamp that goes over the side with the curved edge is fine but the side with the square edge won’t clamp because the clamping block has a bevelled recess which obviously a square edge won’t fit into. Has anyone else had issues with the coil clamps? This is really frustrating as i want to give this a chance. Can provide more pictures if needed.

Thanks

Attachments

• 58024B81-695A-4B1E-ACD1-2941DB9DB5C5.jpeg
    58024B81-695A-4B1E-ACD1-2941DB9DB5C5.jpeg
    611.4 KB · Views: 151
Did you sort your problem with the deck clamps?

Yes mate, it was a manufacturing fault. They sent me some new ones out and they were better but still had the problem of not clamping the coil properly. Both are still unusable so I chucked them

Ah, ok, I thought from your photo it was a bit strange! it's a pity you didn't manage to get them up and running cos when they are, they're cracking little tanks. I had a manufacturing issue with a geekvaoe zeus mesh tank, straight out of a sealed box it was missing both clamps! (even after getting some clamp plates it's not a tank that gets much use, not a big fan of top air flow)

Back
Top Bottom