What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Burnt taste

jj87

Postman
Hi I have been using my nextiny quite a lot over the past couple of weeks, & last night I took it apart & cleaned it, I think I moved the mesh slightly accidentally, but today I have been getting a lot of burnt taste to it (a bit like when a cotton wick needs changing) do you think I need to put a new bit of mesh in it? I have also just changed mods but ohm resistance & wattage are the same. Any help greatly appreciated as I love this little tank & it's flavour. Thanks

Check for hotspots, it's the most likely explanation
Yeah I agree.

@jj87 If fixing hotspots does not cure the problem then the next thing to try would be to remove the wick, re-oxidise your mesh (which will also clean off all gunk), then use the same wick with a new coil.

Hi I have been using my nextiny quite a lot over the past couple of weeks, & last night I took it apart & cleaned it, I think I moved the mesh slightly accidentally, but today I have been getting a lot of burnt taste to it (a bit like when a cotton wick needs changing) do you think I need to put a new bit of mesh in it? I have also just changed mods but ohm resistance & wattage are the same. Any help greatly appreciated as I love this little tank & it's flavour. Thanks
in my limited experience with the Nextgen and the In'ax, the most likely place to look is the base of the coil where it leaves the mesh and heads off the to the negative screw. Even a slight movement of the wick can generate a HS really easily there for reasons that are probably clear but which elude me!

Back
Top Bottom