Innokin
What's new

Wire advice for clouds

spiffybongo

Hey everyone, just wanting a little bit of advice/recommendation (I apologise if this is in the wrong section it looked like I could put this in a couple of sections)

So I was given a noisy cricket v2 as a birthday present by a few work colleagues and I am quite vanilla when it comes to builds, usually just kanthal nothing special I have done a few builds on it and most the time it reads anywhere between 0.3-0.5, but just for a change wanted to try a build that will give some extra cloud, I only use this device in the house and never really chain vape it, but wanted to try some cool new wire to have a play with.

Just a separate quick question, what is the 'safest' ohms to go down with on these things, I have the Jaybo on top, and using sony vtc batteries. As i say my builds are always 0.3-.05 and they've been perfectly fine but a few friends have the same setup and one of them had a 0.13 build and it chucked perfectly and he said never even warmed up? But I was always hesitant and just always like to be better safe than sorry.

Any advise is appreciated :) thank you!

Vape Club
Simple 6 wrap of 22ga Ni80 is a quality one to try. About .14 ohms dual coil. Please do check your battery's. Unregulated You will need 30a for that build. Vtc3, Vtc4. Lg Hb6

thanks, will definitely give that a try! I have the sony vtc5 i believe 2600mAh 3.7V which I believe is 30a :)

Just want to clarify when you say unregulated, you mean parallel? After going on several sites and watching some videos, I seem to be getting that series your not wanting to build any lower than 0.3, and parallel is for your lower builds such as the one you suggested? Right now I've just played it safe and have been building 0.4-0.5 and having it in series until I get confirmation !

But I appreciate the advise will look into picking some of this wire up when I get home from work

Vape Green
Oh sorry yeah noisy cricket! I wouldnt go low ohms on that. In Series I'd say you were about there at 0.2-3 ohms. But not really my thing. Hopefully sone one can shed light.

Hey everyone, just wanting a little bit of advice/recommendation (I apologise if this is in the wrong section it looked like I could put this in a couple of sections)

So I was given a noisy cricket v2 as a birthday present by a few work colleagues and I am quite vanilla when it comes to builds, usually just kanthal nothing special I have done a few builds on it and most the time it reads anywhere between 0.3-0.5, but just for a change wanted to try a build that will give some extra cloud, I only use this device in the house and never really chain vape it, but wanted to try some cool new wire to have a play with.

Just a separate quick question, what is the 'safest' ohms to go down with on these things, I have the Jaybo on top, and using sony vtc batteries. As i say my builds are always 0.3-.05 and they've been perfectly fine but a few friends have the same setup and one of them had a 0.13 build and it chucked perfectly and he said never even warmed up? But I was always hesitant and just always like to be better safe than sorry.

Any advise is appreciated :) thank you!

The V2 NC is a lovely thing, so glad I got mine.

So, you know that you can change the NC from a parallel mod to a series mod by flipping the chip thingummy in the bottom aye? Well worth you watching a review or two on the device youtube.
With a series box, you'd be best to stick to 0.4 ohms and above. Less than that and you are stressing the batteries to 'brown alert' levels.
With parallel, you can theoretically build far far lower, but again, work out your amp draw and see if that fits with your cells.

If you don't know the difference twixt a series and parallel mod, then please do go look it up - even I can understand it , so naebody should have issues.
Also worth your time is plightering on Steam Engine - the coil calculating website. For folks that make their own coils it is highly advised to suss it out.

So, watch a review or two, get on Steam Engine and if in doubt ask away on here.

Premier Ecigs
The V2 NC is a lovely thing, so glad I got mine.

So, you know that you can change the NC from a parallel mod to a series mod by flipping the chip thingummy in the bottom aye? Well worth you watching a review or two on the device youtube.
With a series box, you'd be best to stick to 0.4 ohms and above. Less than that and you are stressing the batteries to 'brown alert' levels.
With parallel, you can theoretically build far far lower, but again, work out your amp draw and see if that fits with your cells.

If you don't know the difference twixt a series and parallel mod, then please do go look it up - even I can understand it , so naebody should have issues.
Also worth your time is plightering on Steam Engine - the coil calculating website. For folks that make their own coils it is highly advised to suss it out.

So, watch a review or two, get on Steam Engine and if in doubt ask away on here.

appreciate this helpful post, its much appreciated! One thing that I am a little confused about (and it actually rather alarmed me) is my friend was having a play, and he put his RDA on top which had a 0.13 build, he had changed the chip to series, clicked 5 times, held it so it was in 'white mode' and was vaping away, now to my understand so far this isn't right and got quite annoyed at him as in series all I have seen is to NOT put a build under 0.3, but he was vaping quite happily for 20/30 minutes, the mod wasn't hot, batteries fine. I was also aware that the mod had a safety feature whereby if the reading was too low it wouldn't even fire? So that has left me confused but will do some more research into this, I half expected the mod to go BOOM when I found out what he had done!

appreciate this helpful post, its much appreciated! One thing that I am a little confused about (and it actually rather alarmed me) is my friend was having a play, and he put his RDA on top which had a 0.13 build, he had changed the chip to series, clicked 5 times, held it so it was in 'white mode' and was vaping away, now to my understand so far this isn't right and got quite annoyed at him as in series all I have seen is to NOT put a build under 0.3, but he was vaping quite happily for 20/30 minutes, the mod wasn't hot, batteries fine. I was also aware that the mod had a safety feature whereby if the reading was too low it wouldn't even fire? So that has left me confused but will do some more research into this, I half expected the mod to go BOOM when I found out what he had done!

The V2 has more safety than the V1, so aye you can go low, but it isnae recommended.
Did your mate have large coils in the atty?

AcmeFog
Back
Top Bottom