What's new

Which brass mech?

Brass cartel
Or brass surf rider

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Have to say I would agree with you spark, the surfrider looks lovely. As I have said before I was trying to get one from the states but nobody would ship to uk. Not the ss version anyway. And now I've got my mcr I'm not looking for a mech as I prefer vw boxes in my arsenal. But I have to have the option of mech there. If I move the mcr on at some point I will strongly consider the ss surfrider. But then I will be in for a fortune ss too!

Brass cartel
Or brass surf rider

The Cartel is gorgeous, but that sloped top cap would drive me insane, if it was 22mm with a straight topcap I would be on it like a shot.

The surf rider is something I came across for the first time today, and it is really rather nice, but I have yet to see a clone option of it.

If you like the 4nine then you could do a lot worse than go for a Fortune OB.

£60 delivered. Similar form factor to the 4nine. List open.

Possibly a little more than you planned to spend but pretty bloody cheap for an original, British made mod.

Only issue might be that it makes you want the SS and Copper versions when they are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

The Cartel is gorgeous, but that sloped top cap would drive me insane, if it was 22mm with a straight topcap I would be on it like a shot.

The surf rider is something I came across for the first time today, and it is really rather nice, but I have yet to see a clone option of it.

Keep on searching for another few pay weeks and you'll be in reach of an original :)
It is a nice mod though I'm still waiting for my mod to be made I'm not minted by the way just a working joe
Some things are worth waiting for not clone hating by the way
M vapes have a form of the cartel that may bypass the OCD :) different diameter clone I believe just in
Cartel mod Clone Brass Edition by M-vapes - M-Vapes

Last edited:
Keep on searching for another few pay weeks and you'll be in reach of an original :)
It is a nice mod though I'm still waiting for my mod to be made I'm not minted by the way just a working joe
Some things are worth waiting for not clone hating by the way
M vapes have a form of the cartel that may bypass the OCD :) different diameter clone I believe just in
Cartel mod Clone Brass Edition by M-vapes - M-Vapes

My stainless steel is an original, or will be when it eventually gets to me :) I don't think I could justify another just yet. I will have another look at the M-vapes one thanks :)

Another option (original again sorry) is the Rat Mod from Angelfiremods.

Todd reviewed it and it is an acquired taste. I personally love shed work/hand made stuff, but not everyone does.

Looks like it would be a good sub ohm device as it has huge amounts of insulation at the positive/negative terminals and very little to go wrong with it.

Worth a look at least.

Another option (original again sorry) is the Rat Mod from Angelfiremods.

Todd reviewed it and it is an acquired taste. I personally love shed work/hand made stuff, but not everyone does.

Looks like it would be a good sub ohm device as it has huge amounts of insulation at the positive/negative terminals and very little to go wrong with it.

Worth a look at least.

I love the ratmod, it is well funky, but it is copper :(

Back
Top Bottom