What's new

Which brass mech?

Diche

Veteran
Ok if your budget was £25 inc p+p and you wanted a brass mech to use for playing with lower ohms what would you pick? I don't intend to compete or get too interestingly low, but what is the least likely to burn my fingers?

Illuminatus

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

My brass stingray clone is holding up well to the sort of builds 18650 cells shouldn't be subjected to. It came from focalcig as a gift from the owners of the forum I moderate on so was inexpensive.

+1 stingray - mine coped well with some accidental low ohms

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I can't believe I am struggling so much to find one I like :(

I am trying to avoid the telescopic mods and the ones where the tube unscrews into 3 pieces because that seems to be the general theory when low ohming.

I am looking for a switch with a magnet rather than a spring because I am led to believe springs tend to get hot.

The stingray doesn't appeal to me because it is too shiny and I don't like the contrast of the black etching on the brass.

So many mech mods seem to be a plain tube with a bit of etching down the bottom which looks like it was kinda added as an afterthought. I would prefer something either completely plain or completely wild, the current vogue just makes me go meh.

I have even widened the search to include pretty much any finish that isn't copper or s/steel and I am still struggling to find something that makes me go ooh. There are loads of nice mods out there, but they all seem to be available in the finishes I have already got, or have enroute.

The King and the Illuminatus are the two that most appeal I guess. I like the nuts on the king v1, and the illuminatus has something going for it, only trouble is that that image has some personal connotations I am not sure I can over come.

The one advantage of this taking so long is my budget might go up as pay day isn't far off. I have trawled through all the catalogues of all the sites I can find, so if anyone can suggest some more unusual sites that are based in Mainland Europe I would be grateful as I haven't had much of a look over there yet.

Back
Top Bottom