What's new

Where the hell does the wick go?!?

Subohmoctopus

Postman
I built this coil yesterday, its 5 wraps of fused clapton nichrome with a diameter of 3mm each wrap. Im just wondering, isnt there supposed to be more space for airflow? It was a struggle trying to ram the wick into this thing and i cut it at a length so as it can touch the bottom of the juice well. Maybe I should consider buying a 30mm titan RDA lol... :28:

This is a drop dead 24mm diameter RDA, i think the issue is the weird positioning of the posts (for me) makes tucking the cotton different to your average 4 post set up and weird positioning to get it in.

Am i wicking this wrong? Does it look like it has enough airflow to you? When i saturated the wick with juice it condensed a tiny bit but it still feels like there are no visible gaps where i can actually see the bottom of the juice well.
20180901_191719.jpg
20180901_204244.jpg

Attachments

• 20180901_204244.jpg
    20180901_204244.jpg
    917.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 20180901_185453.jpg
    20180901_185453.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 279
You'll likely find it's better single coiled. As for your photos, you want the coils closer together & thin the cotton. You want the cotton just sitting on the deck. If you're squonking you'll see the juice on the deck. Can't comment on dripping as don't do it.

You'll likely find it's better single coiled. As for your photos, you want the coils closer together & thin the cotton. You want the cotton just sitting on the deck. If you're squonking you'll see the juice on the deck. Can't comment on dripping as don't do it.
Do you mean each individual coil closer together in the middle or the wraps closer and how does that effect the build? I am dripping and i want dual coils for increased coil surface area to wick ratio for more vapour production :)

If I put the coils together in the center wont that block the potential airflow going up the middle of the tank?

2-3mm gap between coils. Airs coming in underneath & gets drawn between the coils. I used coils with at least one more wrap but then I don't build as low as you have.

2-3mm gap between coils. Airs coming in underneath & gets drawn between the coils. I used coils with at least one more wrap but then I don't build as low as you have.
The coil i built here actually ended up at about 0.14ohms after several adjustments, ive ordered the broadside double stack tube mech mod and i intend to do a similar build with about double the amount of wraps for more potential surface area touching cotton produce more vapour.

I dont think air would be drawn up like that in my RDA because the air holes are about coil height in the middle of the casing. Do you know where the best place to leave space would be with air holes in that position?

0.07, according to the read-out in the first pic, then in the last pic it's 3.1? Your legs aren't screwed right. Something isn't caught right.

As most have said, thin that cotton out quite a lot and move the coils closer together with a 1 - 2mm gap and you should notice a diference

What mod you using? Cos that build is a bit low bud
Regulated 220 watt alien mod, the build is actually 0.14ohms after adjusting. Ive calculated the safety of this build in the regulated mod and know i cant push 150 watts max

Back
Top Bottom