What's new

What's wrong with my wicking?

RS250-Squid

Postman
Okay, so I have 2 of the most beautiful (and certainly the biggest!) coils I've ever created, in a 26650 plume veil clone.

DSCN0863.jpg

0.6 ohms, firing on a 26650 mech at (fresh battery) 29.5 watts.

Wicked like so:

Jg_VXpWgMQdAfm9FwF198uDp-FmZJT2-luzxiBZzPn4=w983-h830

This is my first "big" build, so I'm kind of stuck for what to do. I built it without any tips or pointers, and it probably shows :p.

A cloud machine, this thing certainly isn't, and I know it has the potential to be. What would you folks suggest? :)

Wick

Okay, so I have 2 of the most beautiful (and certainly the biggest!) coils I've ever created, in a 26650 plume veil clone.

DSCN0863.jpg

0.6 ohms, firing on a 26650 mech at (fresh battery) 29.5 watts.

Wicked like so:

Jg_VXpWgMQdAfm9FwF198uDp-FmZJT2-luzxiBZzPn4=w983-h830

This is my first "big" build, so I'm kind of stuck for what to do. I built it without any tips or pointers, and it probably shows :p.

A cloud machine, this thing certainly isn't, and I know it has the potential to be. What would you folks suggest? :)

More cotton in the wells

Very conspicuous problem there: your wick doesn't appear to be making contact with the bottom of the juice well. Which means it won't be carrying very much juice to the coil, and hence, underwhelming performance. Trim your tails longer, and tuck them down into the well, see how that goes.

Lovely pics, btw :)

Very conspicuous problem there: your wick doesn't appear to be making contact with the bottom of the juice well. Which means it won't be carrying very much juice to the coil, and hence, underwhelming performance. Trim your tails longer, and tuck them down into the well, see how that goes.

Lovely pics, btw :)

Glad you like em :).

Yeah, normally I don't put the cotton down into the wells - i take it over the center below the drip tip, so I can just drip straight onto the cotton where it flows to the coils.

44vanaLieKuRb-28Ttl5YDJ_7xChy1VYPshTZW82XIU=w875-h830

Like this. That RDA doesn't even have juice wells, yet it performs extremely well.

So should I take the top off and drip into the wells, instead of dripping over the centre? Should I do both? :)

Use cotton to fill the cap a little, my Mutation XL is also 28 mm and has the potential to be as good as it's 22 mm relative but isn't even close. The only way I can get it to work reasonably well is to mount the coils on legs (so they're in the airflow )and stuff lots of cotton in to fill all the free space or the vapour has to fill the cap as well as provide for my inhales.

Like this

Attachments

• 1420759116015.jpg
    1420759116015.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 1420759134063.jpg
    1420759134063.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 114
Glad you like em :).

Yeah, normally I don't put the cotton down into the wells - i take it over the center below the drip tip, so I can just drip straight onto the cotton where it flows to the coils.

44vanaLieKuRb-28Ttl5YDJ_7xChy1VYPshTZW82XIU=w875-h830

Like this. That RDA doesn't even have juice wells, yet it performs extremely well.

So should I take the top off and drip into the wells, instead of dripping over the centre? Should I do both? :)

I take the wick over the posts and through the coils in the Orieco Storm (which has seperate juice wells for each coil, which tends to mean that the well beneath the fiercer coil - they're never *exactly* equal - will dry up first) but not usually otherwise. A significant mass of wet cotton up around the top could potentially restrict your airflow, which might be contributing to the problem.

I have only one fat dripper, a Tobh, and I run just enough wick to trail out of either end of the coil and touch the bottom of the juice well. There's a bit of a trade-off, because this approach allows a certain amount of juice to be sloshing around in there, and possibly splashing out of the airholes. On the other hand, a lot of cotton in the well will absorb more juice and beyond a certain point, it won't distribute much of it to the coil. There's probably a happy medium to be struck there, somewhere.

Yikes, that's rather a lot of cotton :D.

Yup,I know.I wick my 22 mm devices with a thin sausage of cotton through the coil & trim it so the ends are just touching the deck,the 28 mm device is a lump of shit unless I fill the void with lots of cotton.The only decent thing about the 28 mm device is it holds enough juice to only require refilling every few hours.

Back
Top Bottom