What's new

want to try sub-ohming /cloud chasing

twoca

Postman
hi all i dont want to get into sub ohming /cloud chasing (yet) but id ilke to have a go i have a igo m dripper
do i need a special kind of mech mod or can i just buy the cheapest one from ft i was looking at this
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1627200
and what ohm coils should i build as i say i just want to try it
many thanks
twoca

The first thing you need is an ohm meter and batteries rated for high amps. (Sony vtc4 or vtc 5 are the most readily available) Then of course a mech mod the one you linked seems fine although it doesn't seem like one that is commonly used by many people.
If you haven't built coils or learned how ohms law and battery amp draw works, then you can't try sub ohming yet. It would not be safe to jump right into it. First you want to learn how to build a coil that comes out to read between 1.5 and 1.0 ohms.
You could make a higher ohm coil than that, but I find the vapor to not be as good.(just my personal opinion on what is a good vape)

Watch videos and ask questions here and we can pretty much walk you through it. Forget sub ohming for now. You gotta crawl before you can walk. And you gotta make a few puffs before you can let a cloud fly. ;)

All you need is a mech, dripper and high amp battery. Don't attempt to sub ohm on a low amp battery or it could be bad. Imagine holding a metal tube with something that can go bang inside. That's what can happen if you put real strain on a low amp battery so make sure your safe with high amp cells.

Does anyone actually read the fucking guide I wrote?
I wrote it to stop these kind of questions.
Read the guide.

Tbh, in my.opinion anyway- if you need to ask, don't do it. Not until you get to the stage where you can do it without questions and stay safe.

i have sony vtc5 batts i build 1.2 ohm coils for my kayfun and prtank 2 at the mo im useing a evic just wanted
advice on ft mod t see if it was ok to use just to try sub ohm
sorry raguri i posted this befor i found your guide but
many thanks think ill give it a go been looking for a mech mod as a backup to my evic anyway

Does anyone actually read the fucking guide I wrote?
I wrote it to stop these kind of questions.
Read the guide.

Tbh, in my.opinion anyway- if you need to ask, don't do it. Not until you get to the stage where you can do it without questions and stay safe.

Calm down tiger!!

I would recommend a stingray as a first mech. It will take some heavy sub ohm abuse but the main thing is its easy to get set up, screw on atty, drop in cell, snug button, done.

Dont bother about the material of the tube, its meaningless, just buy what you like, ive found the igo m really needs seriously sub ohming yo make use of the airflow, I'm down at .18ohm and only using one airhole on each side. Gives plenty of growing room though :)

Back
Top Bottom