What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VV Cloud Chasing Noob Needs Advice

IrishHobo

Postman
Hi guys as some of you may know I've been vaping for around a month now most recently with my Vision Spinner and Mini Pro-Tank 3 but feel like getting something bigger once again. Quite some time ago I had a Vamo and loved it but unfortunately misplaced it when i was on the brew. While I'm quite happy with what I have I really do want something with a bit more "va va voom" as Thierry Henry would say :P

Basically I'm thinking of getting another Vamo and an RDA. You might wonder why I wouldn't just get a mech instead well it saves me getting an ohm meter and I can also tinker with voltages etc. with other tanks as it wont be exclusively used for RDA's it will instead turn into my primary PV around the house.

I've got a few questions though before I even think of spending some cash and hope you guys can help me noting that I want to keep this as cheap as possible.

1. Do I need a high amperage battery and if so which (I will be using the 18650 mode mainly)
2. What RDA is best on a budget for a newbie like myself
3. Will I be able to blow bigger clouds semi similar to that of a sub-ohm mech mod and if so at what voltage/resistance
4. If I use the volts instead of watts setting can I exceed the 15W limit of the device thus making more vapour

I know I'm a pain in the arse but to be honest it's all a bit much for me at this stage and with the amount of info that I've tried to cram into my brain over the past few days regarding the subject it's all turned into one big pile of mush.

Thanks in advance guys,
Stu

1)No need for high drain batteries with the Vamo,it's limited to about 3 amps max.

4)No,the Vamo is limited in output.

If I get a decent protected battery now that could be used in future for a mech would it work in the Vamo? I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere that you should use unprotected batteries and it can interfere with the built in protection on this device.

For the price of a vamo and everything else , you could get.
A Chinese mech mod, an rda, batteries, and an ohm meter... o_O
Makes much more sense to me...

Well, focalecig has a group buy for the vamo v5 and quite cheap like £12. Just note you won't be able to sub ohm or it won't read the low resistance, I think lower than .7 but not sure so sooner or later you will need an ohm meter which is also more accurate. Vtc5 and purple efest 35amp are good batteries. They will work on the vamo and you will have great batteries if you decide to buy a mech mod in the future

Well, focalecig has a group buy for the vamo v5 and quite cheap like £12. Just note you won't be able to sub ohm or it won't read the low resistance, I think lower than .7 but not sure so sooner or later you will need an ohm meter which is also more accurate. Vtc5 and purple efest 35amp are good batteries. They will work on the vamo and you will have great batteries if you decide to buy a mech mod in the future

My V5 definitely reads below 0.7 ohms. How accurately I can't say. I use it to measure my 0.2 ohm attys.

For the price of a vamo and everything else , you could get.
A Chinese mech mod, an rda, batteries, and an ohm meter... o_O
Makes much more sense to me...

See at the minute I'm on a Spinner clone which has taken quite a battering. If this fails in future I always have the Vamo to fall back on for my all day vape. Really I'm just wanting something that I can use all day with my pro tanks and when I feel like it tinker with an RDA for some bigger clouds and flavour

See at the minute I'm on a Spinner clone which has taken quite a battering. If this fails in future I always have the Vamo to fall back on for my all day vape. Really I'm just wanting something that I can use all day with my pro tanks and when I feel like it tinker with an RDA for some bigger clouds and flavour

Then you want a mech ;)
I've abused mods since day one, the only one to fail me entirely was a vamo... so I swore not to have anything with wires in again.

Back
Top Bottom