What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Veteran coilers advice required.

beastobadness

Achiever
OK you lovely Apes. I have just threw a new build in a Buddha Z v2 I picked up in the classy's. I wouldn't say I am a complete noob in building but I tend to use Clapton or micro coil builds.
At 30mm this deck could land a Chinook... Well maybe I exaggerated a bit... But it's bigger than anything I have used before.

So a pics of the build...

uploadfromtaptalk1460581318823.jpg

Single 3mm parallel 26/32 Clapton with 26awg kanthal. I will say it's OK
And I am using the Switcheroo which is the only mod I have which doesn't sent me into fits of OCD lol

uploadfromtaptalk1460581328618.jpg

I think I am more looking for advice on my build and maybe if it can be improved. And it does seem my current build is lost in the deck and wasted on a single so can you offer any advice on duals or even quads??

I would stick another one in the other side to go with it! Ur builds looks good m8:goodjob: maybe @cloudcuckoo could have a look being the resident Clapton king that he is;)

Are you running in series or parallel? You could go nuts with it, but if it's working? Keep it in there and enjoy it.

Are you running in series or parallel? You could go nuts with it, but if it's working? Keep it in there and enjoy it.

I would stick another one in the other side to go with it! Ur builds looks good m8:goodjob: maybe @cloudcuckoo could have a look being the resident Clapton king that he is;)
Running in series at the mo! The ramp up on fresh batts in parallel is quite slow and its a very cool vape but obviously at about .5 its safe for series. If I was to chuck another coil in and dual, it would take it to .25...not sure if I would be comfortable with that in series.

One thing is sure... she is a thirsty bitch, feels like it needs to be on a squonk box lol. Take 3-4 hits and she is near dry and tasting of crap lol

I wouldn't go that low in series AMD I'm sure @ax would be thinking the same.

I'd whack a massive set of 28g fused Clapton's on there if rocking series.

It'll handle .25. I don't guarantee it under .28, so you're taking it out of the guarantee zone and you'd be pushing the batteries but I've done around that on a few boxes I've made to the same spec and it's fine. DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility if you do go below the guaranteed limit.

Running in series at the mo! The ramp up on fresh batts in parallel is quite slow and its a very cool vape but obviously at about .5 its safe for series. If I was to chuck another coil in and dual, it would take it to .25...not sure if I would be comfortable with that in series.

One thing is sure... she is a thirsty bitch, feels like it needs to be on a squonk box lol. Take 3-4 hits and she is near dry and tasting of crap lol

I have a mate who vapes at just that ohmage on the noisy cricket, his batteries get ridiculously hot and the vape is insanely hot as well, I gave him a bollocking but he still does it.

It'll handle .25. I don't guarantee it under .28, so you're taking it out of the guarantee zone and you'd be pushing the batteries but I've done around that on a few boxes I've made to the same spec and it's fine. DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility if you do go below the guaranteed limit.
Hmmm that comes to over 30 amps, the 25r's I am using might be OK in short bursts but I wouldn't want to push them that far lol...good for a hand warmer!

@ax I'm sure that disclaimer just appeared [emoji23]

No worries, I wouldn't trust myself that low in series anyway, no matter how good the build quality of the mod!

25Rs, no, LG HB6s would do it though, high amp, low mAh. The mosfet is an IRLb3034, which is a 195A 'fet so it's not even gonna break a sweat. Still, most of the time I run 26ga core Dual Claptons at around .4 on series works out to around 120w-ish on a fresh set of batteries on an unreg..

Back
Top Bottom