What's new

Vaping at high temps

How do you all vape at such high temps? I bought the alien 220w mod and tfv8 tank and set it to 100w and nearly blow my lungs out. How do people vape at the recommended watt for that tank which is 120w and over without choking to death? Is it something you gradually get used to or what?
Think about high temperatures. If the temp at the coil is too high you'll either burn the juice or burn the wick. Nobody wants that.
When you throw power into the coil the only things that will prevent it from burning the juice or wick is the cooling action of the juice evaporating and the airflow passing over the coil.

If the tank has low airflow the power needed to reach the optimum temperature (for you, not the other guy, for you) will be low. Hence MTL vapers tend to use low power devices with relatively tighter airflow. If you have a tank with huge airflow you'll need to throw more power at the coil to get anything other than a very cool and flavourless vape. So lung hitters want a big airflow tank and higher powered devices.

Neither mouth to lungers nor lung hitters actually want high temperatures, they want the warmth that brings out the flavour.

Last edited:
How do you all vape at such high temps? I bought the alien 220w mod and tfv8 tank and set it to 100w and nearly blow my lungs out. How do people vape at the recommended watt for that tank which is 120w and over without choking to death? Is it something you gradually get used to or what?

I've bought an alien and I vape at 50/60 watts during the day and higher at night. Also if you change the puff strength to normal or soft you can get the cloud without the warmer hits. The alien is that customisable you'll defo fine a preferred setting

I've bought an alien and I vape at 50/60 watts during the day and higher at night. Also if you change the puff strength to normal or soft you can get the cloud without the warmer hits. The alien is that customisable you'll defo fine a preferred setting
I would also have to agree here. Been using the alien for last couple of days and found I Iike it at 55 watts using the Cleito tank with airflow fully open. No problems with it nice cloud and nice flavour. But using the baby beast tank I have it slightly lower at around 45 watts.

I did however try it much higher and hated it. Way too warm a hit for me but I'm guessing depending on your eliquid a warmer vape might be better.

I think that stock coils "max wattage" need to be taken with a pinch of salt [emoji6]

I think that stock coils "max wattage" need to be taken with a pinch of salt [emoji6]
That's right ... a pinch of salt in your juice is often what's needed, especially with murican juices high in sucralose. :D

I have the same set up as yourself, the tfv8 is marketed as the ultimate cloud chucker and there are countless videos of people throwing out great plumes, so some newish to vaping think that's the way you should vape it, I use the tfv8 at 85w with the airflow half to 3/4 open and that gives me a really satisfying vape, I also use the baby beast on a coolfire 4 at 50w and a nautilus at 12.5w, it just depends what your after, so as most have said just mess around till you find what you enjoy and don't think you are some how missing out

Each to their own. I run the tfv8 fully open at 150 and love it apart from the battery life.

I never have mine over 70w. Never needed to. Its all down to preference i guess. Ive had lower resistance coila and vaped at 100w but my favourite level of power is around 50w.

I use my tfv8 at roughly 70w, but outside on a cold day I can easily double that due to the better cooling of the below zero air temps.
Then again I nearly got choked to death in a local b+m when I got handed a mod set to 220w to try some juice, took it as a laugh because they know me in there but that was the guys adv level...
I find there is so many variables to what wattage is nice.
Resistance
Airflow, and surrounding air temps
Personal taste
Juice being used
Tank/rda
Wire type on the coil, kanthal for me easily sits 10-20w higher than the same build in nichrome
Amount of coils ie 1 or 10 ( looking at those could beasts)
And finally location, ie fog machine powers are best indoors around those who like they kind of Vaping rather than in the queue for a bus

Back
Top Bottom