What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Twisted Coils

marty c

Initiate
Hey guys, after watching a utube vid I decided to twist some 24g kenthal.
I'm very happy with how they vape, real smooth. [emoji41]
Any feedback very welcome.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1458601931.261620.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1458601957.683352.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1458601987.103175.jpg

I tried some with 26 gauge kanthal. The flavor was decent considering how easy it was to make them. Not as flavorful as fused claptons and the ramp up time was a bit longer.

Will have to give that a go philTBA

The build I made pops whilst I'm vaping, loud enough to make me jump sometimes, any idea why ?

so had some geek vape triple twisted 28awg and thought to myself i wonder what happens if you twist pre twisted wire...............

IMG_20160328_122002.jpg

Hi guys , total noob question. Was looking at wire and there's just such a big variety to choose from. Is Clapton or twisted wire better?

Thanks guys will really help. I want good flavour

Its personal preference really I prefer twisted over clapton but alot of people like Clapton over twisted its basicly down to surface area the more surface area the more juice is in contact with the coil the more flavour. For me the twisted does a slightly better job with less ramp up so I build staged but the Clapton also has wicking properties due to all the channels created in it by the way its made but has a hella ramp up time unless you can put some serious wattage for it I found I needed to ne at around 95wayts for very little ramp up with claptons but with twisted I only needed to be at sbout75 watts but in the end its personal preference the only way to truly find out for your own taste is to try both. Hope this helps and have fun in your journey.

Will have to give that a go philTBA

The build I made pops whilst I'm vaping, loud enough to make me jump sometimes, any idea why ?

Popping is usually down to water droplets from condensation on the coil. If I'd been chain vapeing the Zeph before I went to bed, with the heat in the tank then cooling over night condensation would form. The first couple of vapes the next morning was a 'lively' affair, with pops & cracks. On ine occasion, I'd fired the mod when it was about an inch away from my mouth, there was a hell of a crack (the near on scrared the shit outta me !) I actually felt the pressure wave hit my lips. I'm pretty sure it would have rattled my teeth if it had been in my mouth when it went off ! lol
Some juices can be a bit poppy if the wicking is slightly loose :)
The monster quad was 12 wraps with a 2.5mm ID. I only had an 80w mod, that build needs around 140w.. It had a 3-4 second ramp up at 80w, and made it a HOT vape. :D
This was another plain stupid build.

I couldn't get enough heat into that to take the spring out of the coils, even after a 30 second fire @ 160w and 47.5A ! I'd a 160w mod that would fire down to 0.03, 2x 18650 cells don't have the guts to fire a build that low. I stripped 2 coils from one side, that brought it up to .1ohm and it was a lovely vape @ 130w. :)

Popping is usually down to water droplets from condensation on the coil. If I'd been chain vapeing the Zeph before I went to bed, with the heat in the tank then cooling over night condensation would form. The first couple of vapes the next morning was a 'lively' affair, with pops & cracks. On ine occasion, I'd fired the mod when it was about an inch away from my mouth, there was a hell of a crack (the near on scrared the shit outta me !) I actually felt the pressure wave hit my lips. I'm pretty sure it would have rattled my teeth if it had been in my mouth when it went off ! lol
Some juices can be a bit poppy if the wicking is slightly loose :)
The monster quad was 12 wraps with a 2.5mm ID. I only had an 80w mod, that build needs around 140w.. It had a 3-4 second ramp up at 80w, and made it a HOT vape. :D
This was another plain stupid build.

I couldn't get enough heat into that to take the spring out of the coils, even after a 30 second fire @ 160w and 47.5A ! I'd a 160w mod that would fire down to 0.03, 2x 18650 cells don't have the guts to fire a build that low. I stripped 2 coils from one side, that brought it up to .1ohm and it was a lovely vape @ 130w. :)
Jesus philtba you really,are from the underworld.
Near losses,myself laughing at your popping coils.,wife thinks I've,gone,insane.

Jesus philtba you really,are from the underworld.
Near losses,myself laughing at your popping coils.,wife thinks I've,gone,insane.

LOL. My twisted messes (really good for comdensation build up. :D) went off loud enough this morning that it made the bloody dog jump !! I'd been tryin some @Aerovape Ltd Caraccino yesterday, (staggered fused Clapton) first fire this morning and CRACK. Thank the great vapeing gods I've a habit of firing tanks/RDAs BEFORE they reach my mouth. :D

Back
Top Bottom