What's new

Twisted 32 in a Kanger Sub Plus Istick 50

tazz229

Initiate
Ok so although I'm relatively new to coil building I'm quite technically minded so to speak. I'm a mechanic/computer builder good with my hands etc etc

I find most of the time with whatever build I do I get a lot of spitting and juice in my mouth. I've tried 26/28/32 1.5mm 2mm 2.5mm 3mm. I've tried twisted I've tried duel, I've tried more wick less wick.... You get the idea!

The lower the ohms the worse it seems to be for me. Even at 1ohm anything over around 16W and I just get a mouthful of juice.

I've just made a twisted 32 (for shits n giggles I was bored) which came out at 2.6ohm 8 wraps around the blue screwdriver and OMG what a vape!!! I can crank it up to 30W loads of flavour huge clouds [emoji16] and no spitting or juice in my mouth!!

What's the deal? Where might I be going wrong with the lower ohm builds? I can't get my head around what's going on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated [emoji106]

Edit. What's the science behind what's going on? Why is the twisted 2mm 32 at higher ohms so much better than a 26 2mm at lower ohms?

Last edited:
I was having similar issues and it was all down to the wick. If the wick isn't tight around the coil it will over saturate with juice and spit. If the wick isn't placed around the holes in the RBA base properly it will also flood which also causes spitting . I've seen people saying that a lack of power causes the issue but that's not what I've found. Bit of a knack to building the rba base and rebuilding the OCC coils but once you get it it's all worth while. I've got 3minis & a nano all with custom coils. Best for flavour is in the nano with a rebuilt OCC 1ohm 32awg twisted pair coil running around the 15w mark. 0h and I use 80-100% vg juice.

I can't really help you with the science of the reasons behind this but I have found similar issues. I worked out from trial and error that I needed to use higher watts. All I can imagine is that at lower power the coil isn't heating up quick enough and therefore you are boiling the juice rather than vapourising it. I run most of my tanks at 0.5 ohms around the 25-35w mark and I don't get any spitting.

Thanks for the info guys...

With regards to the wicking there is so many [conflicting] variations of the way people do it. Some say nice and loose through the coil not touching the deck and some say tight and pack it down. I guess it's a trial and error thing then.

As for the the watts it's the high watts that make it worse. If I go anywhere near 30 it just burns with a mouthful of juice lol

I'll persevere until I get it right I thought maybe there might be something simple and obvious I was overlooking.

Back
Top Bottom