What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Twisted 28g build help

NicotineNik

Postman
Good evening fella Vapers and sub ohmers!

Got myself into a pickle, stepped on my bloody ohm checker boooooooo!

Now today is the first day I've gone down the twisted root, pre twisted a few feet of 28g earlier today at work and couldn't wait to get a build going tonite, but as you probably guessed now I can't check what resistance it is.

Do any of you know how many wraps, what size diameter would get me to around the 0.3-0.5 ohm mark? I have no idea what effect it has on the resistance of the wire.

Gutted I couldn't set it up staroght away

Thanks in advance

Stay foggy guys

I'd say forget it till you can get a new checker, not cos of knowing the resistance, but what about shorts, building a coil so low without been 100% sure there's no shorts is daft imo

I'd say forget it till you can get a new checker, not cos of knowing the resistance, but what about shorts, building a coil so low without been 100% sure there's no shorts is daft imo

Yeah true, got a bit over excited and didn't think of that at the time, I'll put it in my vape later box

Good evening fella Vapers and sub ohmers!

Got myself into a pickle, stepped on my bloody ohm checker boooooooo!

Now today is the first day I've gone down the twisted root, pre twisted a few feet of 28g earlier today at work and couldn't wait to get a build going tonite, but as you probably guessed now I can't check what resistance it is.

Do any of you know how many wraps, what size diameter would get me to around the 0.3-0.5 ohm mark? I have no idea what effect it has on the resistance of the wire.

Gutted I couldn't set it up staroght away

Thanks in advance

Stay foggy guys

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

i use 28awg kanthal and a 2.5mm bit. the average wrap comes out at 0.2 ohm so 5 wraps = 1ohm ( or near as dammit) with twisted you half the ohms as you would a dual coil build

I have been doing 3 wires twisted dual coil 4 wraps on 2.5mm drillbit comeing out at 0.27 hope that helps some

How to do 3 wire twist ?

you plat it lol?

or twist 2 wires, then twist the 2, with the one?

Haha platting it could very well be an option from some crazy builds I've seen, but no lol just the same as twisting 2 wires but with 3, I tried it today and came out spot on but still gonna wait till I've got my Meyer till I use any of the twisted wire

Haha platting it could very well be an option from some crazy builds I've seen, but no lol just the same as twisting 2 wires but with 3, I tried it today and came out spot on but still gonna wait till I've got my Meyer till I use any of the twisted wire

Hmm but i dont understand,

I make a hoop and hook onto a holder on the drill grab one side with the pilers and press the drill button = 2 sides of the hoop twist, how would i add 1 more strand of wire to twist, and how does it twist evenly .. seems odd.

Back
Top Bottom