What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Twisted 24 gauge

lucasporter

Postman
Never tried a twisted build and decided I want to later, but only have 24 gauge, would this be okay for it? Was gonna do a sleeper build at 5 or 6 wraps which I think should come out at 0.2 ohms? Seen a similar build come out at the Same ohms but just checking to make sure, any feedback would be great!

Never tried a twisted build and decided I want to later, but only have 24 gauge, would this be okay for it? Was gonna do a sleeper build at 5 or 6 wraps which I think should come out at 0.2 ohms? Seen a similar build come out at the Same ohms but just checking to make sure, any feedback would be great!

It is possible to twist 24 guage - I have tried it. It ended up a big old beast and looked crap. 28 guage makes a nice sized twisted wire.

Ive got a twisted 22 in my drawer for shits n giggles, 7 wraps, but its a big old beast.

Ive got a twisted 22 in my drawer for shits n giggles, 7 wraps, but its a big old beast.

Nice! I tried a 20 4mm 8 wraps in the twisted messed and it was a pita to wrap and honestly no better than just a single wrap 20.

Last edited:
I find with any coil, the more juice channels, and the smaller the juice channels, the better the performance. I wouldn't use anything lower then 28G for twisted.

Don't hurt to give it a go though!

Built one up and came out quite nice though, 6 wraps turned out at 0.32 ohms though so single coiled it, the thing drinks juice so may go back to the dual coil and use this every now and then

Back
Top Bottom