What's new

To SMOK or not to SMOK?

They are in China

i would do if it wasn't going to cost me more ie send there etc

would it be worth it ?
If you contact a company with a warranty issue they'll normally send you a prepaid delivery label to cover postage etc. I haven't ordered one yet, thinking about wismec now lol

If you contact a company with a warranty issue they'll normally send you a prepaid delivery label to cover postage etc. I haven't ordered one yet, thinking about wismec now lol

TBH it looks like the tfv8 baby is the problem here ,

with it being bottom air intake ,

all the juice -run off from chimney and coil - comes through the aty's 510 pin into the mod

been keeping a eye on it all day now seen alot of juice coming through it :eek:

i spent 73 gbp on this mod plus battery as i was looking for small/light/powerfull unit for the summer and i like keeping the local shops going

if i was to go smok again i would use other aty with it even a good 510 spacer could work if they are avalable ? iv seen spinner 510 extensions

im glad i saved u future pain buddy

TBH it looks like the tfv8 baby is the problem here ,

with it being bottom air intake ,

all the juice -run off from chimney and coil - comes through the aty's 510 pin into the mod

been keeping a eye on it all day now seen alot of juice coming through it :eek:

i spent 73 gbp on this mod plus battery as i was looking for small/light/powerfull unit for the summer and i like keeping the local shops going

if i was to go smok again i would use other aty with it even a good 510 spacer could work if they are avalable ? iv seen spinner 510 extensions

im glad i saved u future pain buddy
Ah, fair enough. I'm glad you found the cause anyway. I'm seeing more and more that there's problems with just about everything so it's pot luck whether anything will happen to me. Through looking again the Wismec Predator looks good. Mod wise it's won 4 out of 5 reviews I've watched but the tank is better on the smok apparently. For the price I'm gonna give it a go and if it's not right I'll save some money from not smoking and invest again in a couple of months. Try the warranty thing though, you might get a new one as it does sound like a manufacturer issue to me.

I swear by DNA for anything 200w or over. In truth, I really don't trust anything else beyond 120w.

Unless it was custom built or a high end Chinese mod.

Even then it seems absurd to spend over £100 on a Chinese made product when you can get top quality US and UK built mods for only a little more, which you will likely hold onto longer.

I don't see a need to exceed 200w yet personally so think for the most part, anything over 120w is overkill. Very few people have setups drawing that sort of power!

Interesting thread! I had an Alien, but it just died after putting it in my pocket - completely dead, wouldn't connect to the pc or fire or anything!
Replaced it with a Smoant Charon and I agree that its an excellent mod - works, hits like a train and looks a bit like a therion for a third of the price!

I have 2 Smoant Charons. Charon Adjustable and tc. Love both. Lot of people in my town having problems with Alien after a few months. I know several people that have Battlestar since it came out and still going strong. That one is a workhorse and can take a beating.

So I saw a Smoat Charon yesterday and loved the look of the copper with the Thors Hammer grip. The guy behind the counter was also using one at the time and said he hasn't looked at his Alien since getting it. The only reservation I have over this is I've heard about a rattle coming from it. Anyone find this is an issue?
My tc Charon has slight button rattle, you have to literally shake it to hear it. No rattle from Adjustable. TC copper /Thor's hammer, gaudy in a good way.

Plenty of dual 18650 mods out there, sigelei 213 is one of my favourites, had it a while but feels nice in the hand and has never missed a beat so far

Sigelei mods generally are great quality. I have an old sigelei and has never let me down. That being said my smok alien is still my daily driver and good on batteries. Just remember to get a spare set at least

Back
Top Bottom