What's new

The Braided Brando

BucketMod

Postman
One day we were sitting around mourning the loss of a friend and family member. It was still fresh in our minds, he had just died about three days before I started developing this coil. A dude named Joe Ponte said to me "hey what if you braided the wire?"
The idea I had not even left his tongue and I had already started braiding some 26 gage wire up. I thought to myself surely someone has done this before, but a quick search online didn't come up with much, and they certainly weren't doing it the same way that I am.
So I finished braiding it, did a single coil three wrap in a macro size. Came out at 0.2ohms
View attachment 34693
View attachment 34694

Now I know what you're thinking, the braid looks loose, I thought it may affect some shorting in the coil, but it didn't. I found that as long as the wraps are tight and you pinch them together the coil will glow nice and evenly. But it will also still allow a lot of air to be able to pass directly through the coil. Which does not happen with most other coils, beside maybe twisted ribbon.
I want to see some of our other cloud chaser's here try this out. I also would like to see a continuous build with a dual coil braided. It can be done easy enough I just haven't tried yet.
I just wanted to share because I find this coil to work amazing. So thanks a lot for your time in reading this.

R.I.P. Brandon this ones for you bro!

Back
Top Bottom