What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tfv4 with rba confusing!

Woopyawass

Initiate
I love the tfv4..... I have 3.... Just starting to get into the rebuildable side but like foggy Bob said they can be a hassle to set up! Few dry hits have been had
[emoji106][emoji19] I'm running them on the snowwolf 200watt at around 37.5 watts and 380 degrees temp ....triple 0.2ohm smok coil at the moment and produces nice flavour and big clouds!
Trying to set the rba but when I do I have to turn it down to 18watts to even get a hit that doesn't make me cough!! Any ideas?? What's everyone else using? What gauge wire? Wraps? Confusing !!

are you using wattage mode on your rba?..if so make sure your NOT using tc wire,a single "standard" coil will require less watts compared to a dual or more coil..however it should also use a bit less eliquid
wire gauge i would be looking at about 24-26 gauge

I get the option to adjust temp when I first screw atty on....
Lad in shop sold me 30gauge kanthal A1 twisted and I did 6 wraps at 2ml reading at .3 when tested.... Run some red Astaire thru it which I'm used to ..... Holy shit it was harsh! [emoji15][emoji15]
Do you think I should squeeze a couple of tiger wire coils which are .3 per coil in there or just stick to the single rba?
I imagine once everything clicks with the building it become easier! I've got two of the tiger coils in my dripper and that runs nice! My aim is not to buy the coils ready made.... It's more fun building and experimenting to suit personal preference!
..... I'm also hooked on Irish cream juice mixed 80/20 [emoji108][emoji9] churns out the smog!!

Kanthal is NOT a TC wire, sorry I meant to say - KANTHAL IS NOT A TC WIRE!!!!!

Kanthal is a power mode wire. Run in power mode and see what occurs.
18 watt at what ohmage and nic content?

Dry hit probably if coughing at 18 watt power.
Does it taste bad?

Dry hit.
You need good wicking material - Japanese organic cotton.
Then good wicking technique.
Memory says tails of wick just touching RBA deck.
Fully prime and try again.

I'll give it a try John.... Got the organic.... Think your onto the cause there..... I'll let you know how it goes! I'll look again at a few wicking techniques first!

Back
Top Bottom