What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

#teamsinglecoil

And dont mind me, I'm flavour chasing tonight. Only touched two set ups tonight, both single coil and ones at .7ohm.....

If I said it was like picking up an ego, well, I'd be lying but flavours beating down clouds tonight thats for sure, I've not touched the mutant/tobh and the cell in that is over 24hrs old. I love 26650 cells lol

Well I have some wire

wire_zps6df7bbac.png

Any suggestions as to what I should build? Please bear in mind my kit is standard airflow and I need to keep it in working order :p

Huge air flow holes, so whatever you want. Would of got a single coil RDA first however.

There was quite a bit of debate on that at the time, but I am not having any major headaches coiling it as standard so I am glad I picked it. However when it comes to coiling it for lower ohms and some mild cloudchasing I am completely out of my depth lol. I think I did ok with the 0.3mm quad twisted single coil at 0.4 ohms, but I would like to see how the heat up time varies now I have some thicker wire.

So based on what I have and the parameters of the teamsinglecoil rules what would you build?

There was quite a bit of debate on that at the time, but I am not having any major headaches coiling it as standard so I am glad I picked it. However when it comes to coiling it for lower ohms and some mild cloudchasing I am completely out of my depth lol. I think I did ok with the 0.3mm quad twisted single coil at 0.4 ohms, but I would like to see how the heat up time varies now I have some thicker wire.

So based on what I have and the parameters of the teamsinglecoil rules what would you build?

I tried 22 gauge on my Cana at 30 watts and got absolutely no vapour at all, probably because it was only 30 watts. I'm a flavour chaser and use mesh wires 25.5 gauge 6 wrap single coil on everything. I've barely found a difference between dual and single coil.

If you wish to try a slightly more sane build, try a parallel build with the 0.5 first. Mine are 5 wraps on a 2-2.5mm drill bit and gives me about 0.2 ohms(depending on device)

posted by an unauthorised idiot :P

If you wish to try a slightly more sane build, try a parallel build with the 0.5 first. Mine are 5 wraps on a 2-2.5mm drill bit and gives me about 0.2 ohms(depending on device)

posted by an unauthorised idiot :P

Having a go now :) I didn't do it earlier because I would have had to waste some Blackpowder :)

Having a go now :) I didn't do it earlier because I would have had to waste some Blackpowder :)

Try Blackpowder at in a sub ohm build :wink: actually don't do that your hair will fall out and your knees will tremble :)

Sent from my D2303 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom