What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tank recommendation

The idea would be to upgrade my box at some point. It's pretty basic. I bought something that was simple to use because I'm fairly new to the whole thing and I didn't want to run before I could walk.
On my phone at the moment so it's not easy to link in but I've got a vaporiz 40w vbox. I like the size of it for my little girl games hands haha so I wouldn't want anything too big. Battery life is ok but could be better. I do like the pen style mods
If your aiming for this anyway it would be wise to invest now to go alongside your new tank(s). The Cleito 0.4ohm coil has a range of 40-60w.

The mod I use with the Cleito at the moment is an IPV D2, it cost around £40 and can reach upto 75w. It also has temp control mode. The centre pin in spring loaded so the mod can be used with just about anything with a 510 thread.

You'd also be looking at an additional £20-30 for a decent beginners battery setup: ie. two batteries (one in use, one charged/charging) have a look at Samsung 25r & LG HG2 and a charger like the Nitecore I2.

You don't want to skimp on your batteries/chargers as this is where any major dramas are likely to happen. There are many threads about battery safety!

If your aiming for this anyway it would be wise to invest now to go alongside your new tank(s). The Cleito 0.4ohm coil has a range of 40-60w.

The mod I use with the Cleito at the moment is an IPV D2, it cost around £40 and can reach upto 75w. It also has temp control mode. The centre pin in spring loaded so the mod can be used with just about anything with a 510 thread.

You'd also be looking at an additional £20-30 for a decent beginners battery setup: ie. two batteries (one in use, one charged/charging) have a look at Samsung 25r & LG HG2 and a charger like the Nitecore I2.

You don't want to skimp on your batteries/chargers as this is where any major dramas are likely to happen. There are many threads about battery safety!
Ideally I think I'd prefer something with an inbuilt battery and usb charger. Again, I dunno if it's all in my head, but I think I'd be safer with that kinda set up. I know it's limiting me and I probably just need to do my research and bite the bullet!

Ideally I think I'd prefer something with an inbuilt battery and usb charger. Again, I dunno if it's all in my head, but I think I'd be safer with that kinda set up. I know it's limiting me and I probably just need to do my research and bite the bullet!
It's your choice but I think you'll get bored/annoyed with inbuilt eventually as they are quite limiting.

I think you're probably right! Lol
Research is your best bet, find something that ticks your boxes, there are literally hundreds of options. Don't be put off by separate batteries, as long as you buy decent ones (like the two I listed) and look after them - charge correctly, store correctly, etc. you won't have an issue. It does seem a little daunting at first but you get into the swing of it in no time!

Research is your best bet, find something that ticks your boxes, there are literally hundreds of options. Don't be put off by separate batteries, as long as you buy decent ones (like the two I listed) and look after them - charge correctly, store correctly, etc. you won't have an issue. It does seem a little daunting at first but you get into the swing of it in no time!
Yeah it definately feels daunting sometimes.I live 100 miles from the closest vape shop so I don't have any local go to guys for advice. Thanks for all your help! I'll have a look into the cleito. If it works on a 40w-70w range then it may work with my current 40w box. I'll also do some research on battery safety because I will need to upgrade at some point.

If you want,simplicity try a,kanger Kbox 70 watts or,cool fire 4+ 80 watts . Both have built in,battery and,temp, control. Plus can be,picked up for about £35-£40 ish

Yeah it definately feels daunting sometimes.I live 100 miles from the closest vape shop so I don't have any local go to guys for advice. Thanks for all your help! I'll have a look into the cleito. If it works on a 40w-70w range then it may work with my current 40w box. I'll also do some research on battery safety because I will need to upgrade at some point.
Yeah I'm actually the same, about 120 miles to my local! A mixture of this forum and Youtube has got me to where I am, which is nothing compared to half of the members here but I am happy with my setups, they work for me!

Yeah I'm actually the same, about 120 miles to my local! A mixture of this forum and Youtube has got me to where I am, which is nothing compared to half of the members here but I am happy with my setups, they work for me!
Ok so I was in the big smoke today and decided to swing by a shop to have a look at the cleito. One impulse buy later and I was walking out the shop with a cleito and a pack of coils!

I got home and decided to take apart the tank to have a wee look at the components because I was interested in checking out the chimney-less coils! But Unfortunately my wee sausage fingers broke the glass so I'm already on the replacement glass supplied with the kit!

Back
Top Bottom