What's new

subtank RDA - coil that comes with it...

bolter2

Postman
Hi guys,

I'm planning on buying an ohm meter, but in the mean time I have the rebuildable deck with the subtank mini, that comes with a coil already installed and a spare coil in the pack. Am I safe to go ahead and use these without testing it on an ohm meter first, I'm guessing they all come out the factory at a safe ohm and the same, so rather than damaging anything I thought id just check. Might seem like a stupid question but better safe than sorry!

I know my eleaf 30w isn't 100% accurate but it must give a good indication to resistance on a coil...?

Any any idea what type of kanthal I want to be looking at to get around 0.5 resistance when I build my own? Also any good deals on ohm meters that anyone can recommend? Without spending the earth preferably.

Thanks!

Bolter2

Assume NOTHING with the premade coils that come with atties! Trust them like you would a Labrador in a sweetie shop or a politician.
£10-£15 will get you a decent enough ohm meter - others here will advise where is best these days.

To make yer own coils for the RBA deck, 0.5mm wire from stealthvape, 5 wraps on a 3mm bit/screwdriver/thingummy should do you.
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators look thro this page and put some figures in, see what gives what.

Assume NOTHING with the premade coils that come with atties! Trust them like you would a Labrador in a sweetie shop or a politician.
£10-£15 will get you a decent enough ohm meter - others here will advise where is best these days.

To make yer own coils for the RBA deck, 0.5mm wire from stealthvape, 5 wraps on a 3mm bit/screwdriver/thingummy should do you.
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators look thro this page and put some figures in, see what gives what.

Haha noted. Will not trust them. If I put the deck on my eleaf 30w and see what it says before firing, I take it this is not enough precaution? Thanks for reply

Haha noted. Will not trust them. If I put the deck on my eleaf 30w and see what it says before firing, I take it this is not enough precaution? Thanks for reply

You can use the istick to check the reading but as you did say yourself that it isna accurate and it isn't really recommended or best practice - unless you're one of the eejits on a certain other facebook page. It is entirely at your own risk

Think of the ohm reader as your car insurance, you may never really need it but it is very useful to have! Despite making coils for several months now and having a rough idea of what gives what I never fire a coil unless it's been on the ohm reader.

Yup ohm reader is a must, come in very useful - helps spot shorts etc, if you are installing the new coil make sure you clip the leads as close as possible to the RBA screws as the smallest bit left poking out can short out on the walls of the chamber. Test the resistance before rewicking both with/without the chamber attached - the resistance should remain the same, just to be double safe you are in the clear.

Your on a reg device so fairly safe(ish).

Sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs but i'd rather that than my inaction cause you hassle.

Good luck with it.

Fyi, got my ohms reader from fasttech for about a fiver, works great.

Yup ohm reader is a must, come in very useful - helps spot shorts etc, if you are installing the new coil make sure you clip the leads as close as possible to the RBA screws as the smallest bit left poking out can short out on the walls of the chamber. Test the resistance before rewicking both with/without the chamber attached - the resistance should remain the same, just to be double safe you are in the clear.

Your on a reg device so fairly safe(ish).

Sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs but i'd rather that than my inaction cause you hassle.

Good luck with it.

Fyi, got my ohms reader from fasttech for about a fiver, works great.

You can teach me to suck eggs, id rather be told the information twice and get it right than once and get it wrong! Will have a look at a ohm meter before I start playing with it then, was just hoping that as its the coil that came with it, it would be fairly safe to use without testing.

All you are testing is the resistance, its not going to savage your face or attack your dog, just double check nothings touching where it shouldn't and approach with caution and you should be sweet. I was in the same situation a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom