What's new

Sub Ohming 18650's

rattyasfuck

Initiate
What are the best batteries in everyone opinions for sub Ohming? I've always tended to sway towards Sony and planned on buying some vtc4's but alot of people highly rate Samsung 25r's which has thrown me abit.
I don't plan on doing stupid low builds like 0.01 but somewhere around 1.5 maybe down to 0.08 but that's as low as im looking to go say if I use nichrome.
Cheers in advance guys :)

I've always tended to sway towards Sony and planned on buying some vtc4's but alot of people highly rate Samsung 25r's which has thrown me abit.
Cheers in advance guys :)

People (myself included) lean towards the Samsung 25R as you are considerably less likely to find yourself with a counterfeit battery.

The odds of getting genuine VTC is tiny, due to the factory that was making them having closed down in 2011 due to Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant disaster, and now market is now flooded with rewraped substandard batteries claiming to be VTCs.

Here is a statement from Sony on the VTCs that you find online:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The 18650(VTC) type batteries are no longer manufactured by Sony.

This product was never intended for individual, public sale and are not eligible for warranty or engineering support. It was only available to OEM makers of specific devices.

The specifications and markings on the battery may vary depending upon the OEM’s requirements. Therefore, it is difficult to determine the true manufacturer or authenticity of the batteries without physical inspection and manufacturing code research.

This type of battery seems to be widely available on the internet market through non-authorized resellers. Therefore, Sony is not liable for the performance or use of this type battery for non-intended purposes. Such applications should be done at the user’s own risk. Furthermore, any battery of this type claimed to be Sony brand may be older stock. We apologize that we cannot offer further assistance with this matter. Sincerely, Sony

Though it looks like the VTC5's are now being produced in their new manufacturing facility in the Philippines.

Last edited:
Thank for the help bud appreciate it :)
The other thing was woth Samsungs do the batteries vary woth the different colours like is there any difference between the green ones and the blue ones? And lastly where is a good place to get them from as I don't want to buy some amd find there fake
Cheers :)

Thank for the help bud appreciate it :)
The other thing was woth Samsungs do the batteries vary woth the different colours like is there any difference between the green ones and the blue ones? And lastly where is a good place to get them from as I don't want to buy some amd find there fake
Cheers :)

My understanding (from ft forum) is that the blue are an older production run than the green.

As most the guys have said you will struggle to find genuine vtc batteries now. Safest bet is the samsung 25r. Torchy does 2 of them for 10.99 and you get a cool torchy box with them. You can find torchy on ebay he's a great guy he tests batteries shows all actually specs and test results etc

+1 for puremist..Ive got over 5 sets from them and not had a problem with anything

Cheers for all tge help everyone really appreciate it, but just for referance is there any way of spotting fake Samsungs?

Search for torchy the battery boy on eBay. He's a good
Bloke. He sells the 25r's re-wrapped in orange with his name and his recommended max continuous draw on them. They are about 12 quid a pair. Other than that there ecolux (I think) who are another recommended seller of vaping batteries in Ebay. Anything from them will do the job nicely.

Back
Top Bottom