What's new

Sub ohm kayfun lite?

been there, t-shirt, etc.....only suits certain juices , burns the crap out of most , way too hot for me with the KFL airflow.
But it crackles and rumbles like a truck. Best suited o VV or VW devices IMO
But the chimney coil.....now you're talking....
as for juice channels...unless they are clogged with swarf I'd leave well alone
Just my twopenneth....

Wasn't too bad with a DIY red bull, but when chain vaping the mod and the KFL get frickin hot!

The vapour and flavour are great but with 12mg juice and the restricted air flow it does smash you in the back of the throat.

I do prefer it but I've heard of the KFL insulator melting under 0.8ohm so worried I'm gonna destroy it.

Not to mention the fact I vaped through 6ml of juice in the 8 hours I was at work compared to the normal 2-3!

0/4 ohms

Anyone tried this and got it Sussed?
I've been using my rose with a 0.6 ohm coil on silica using 0.42 wire and now I fancy doing the same with one of my kayfuns.

only problem being I am scared of constant dry burns due to the way it wicks in comparison to the rose.

so can someone that has done it and mastered it please tell me the right way before I fail massively?

Im hoping to go as low as 0.4ohms and I do have some seriously fat wire, it's like coiling a paper clip!

built it to a 0.4 and get nothing but dry hits with it also tried cotton and nothing stiped it back down and a lot of my cotton had disappeared although I got nothing out of it and I used organic cotton GOOD LUCK but I think you need to build it to around 1.2 ohms, it is,nt built for sub home builds.

Got a 0.6 coil and was dry hitting terribly until I changed the wick and actually forced the cotton right into the juice channels. Now no dry hits or leaking vaping like a champ!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

First foray into sub-ohm territory yesterday....a 0.9 Ohm single coil in my KFL+. 1.6mm diameter using 0.32mm kanthal, wicked with quite loosely fitted cotton. No dry hits, no leaks, loads and loads of vapour...

:yahoo:

....but strangely the flavour is muted compared with an ekowool navy nest at about 1.6 ohm.

:6:

Can't work it out. Must be cos I'm a sub-ohm

:noob:

Back
Top Bottom