What's new

Sub ohm kayfun lite?

I put a 0.5 ohm coil in my Russian, the vapour was marginally hotter than superheated steam and nearly removed the skin from my tongue. You just can't get enough air into it to cope.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Nearly all my KFLs run at 0.8 with cotton and no dry hits
Make sure your channels are clean and cotton just touching the deck
I do 8 wraps of .4 kanthal around a 1.5mm jewellers screwdriver

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I tried dual parallel coil build on my 4 channel KFL, the flavour was amazing and so was the vapour production, but the vape was way too hot for me to handle. I couldn't breath it in without coughing and spluttering.

I'm the same as KMS on this - currently running a .88 on .30 gauge. Cotton build

Not a single dry hit on my KFL v2
:)

Anyone tried this and got it Sussed?
I've been using my rose with a 0.6 ohm coil on silica using 0.42 wire and now I fancy doing the same with one of my kayfuns.

only problem being I am scared of constant dry burns due to the way it wicks in comparison to the rose.

so can someone that has done it and mastered it please tell me the right way before I fail massively?

Im hoping to go as low as 0.4ohms and I do have some seriously fat wire, it's like coiling a paper clip!

Ribbon wire 4/5 wrap for me at 1 ohm ish 6 strands of 0.5 voodoo wicks well

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

ElsaBubs - Voodoowool wicks better and retains more liquid than silica.

If you've got none I'll send some over. x

I'm running a twisted 28 gauge kanthal a1 micro coil at 0.8 ohms in a kayfun lite. Cotton as my wick. Juice is 75vg 25 pg. no issues with dry burn at all. Just gotta make sure the juice Channels are CLEAR and not covered by the cotton.
I've been experimenting with twisted coils and I like this one a lot. Also raise the coil off the airhole a bit otherwise you will get a crazy throat hit. Mines nice and smooth.

I've got some but it's 5mm, surely too big to fit without blocking the channels?

I'd say either a few strands of 1mm or a piece of 2mm - but then the 2mm is the internal diameter, as you probably know from the 5mm, the OD is considerably more...which, now I'm thinking clearly, would require fewer wraps or thicker wire.

Back
Top Bottom