What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

So I decided to build a box mod test rig.

Loki does the squonk centre pin for the zenith you can buy it on its own or as a package i.e. attie and the pin and you then convert it yourself.

Nice work gords1001. Are you into radio control stuff by any chance?

What pack was that your using? the first pic looked like an Overlander 2200 3S pack. I can't remember if the Pro Peak Prodigy 11 has balance charging, I do hope so, bad things happen to lipo packs that aren't balance charged. I think your heading down the right track for high power at low amps, the only thing that worries me is if there is a short it's gona be much worse at 3S voltage than single cell.

Got me thinking now though lol. Got a collection of must be 50 or so lipo's for my RC stuff all sitting at storage charge at the minute. What a great way to give them an easy conditioning cycle every now and then hehe.

The pro peak isn't a balance charger. That comes out less regularly, but the pro peak will do for occasional charges before doing a proper balance after a few cycles :)

I used to be into rc, its a hobby thats not for young families with high drains on funds :(

I used to be into rc, its a hobby thats not for young families with high drains on funds :(

Tell me about it, why do you think all my packs are sitting at storage charge.
Still got most my gear but got a lot of work to do on the house before I can get back to it big time. Biggest one is getting the workshop set up again. What were you into? flying of some sort I presume.

Yeah I used to fly rc. I know I've got a pile of balsa that used to be a biplane witj a grand tied up in outdated servos :(

Just a heads up FT have just got in the zenith v2.5 which comes with the squonk pin for less than £10 I thought I'd just mention it as I posted about loki's version hope I've not stepped on any toes.

Just a heads up FT have just got in the zenith v2.5 which comes with the squonk pin for less than £10 I thought I'd just mention it as I posted about loki's version hope I've not stepped on any toes.

Could you link that up if possible, I can't seem to find it and I could do with a cheap bottom feeder for playing with.

Cheers

Sent from somewhere inside a huge cloud!

If you take a look at the pictures of the zenith you will see that the positive screw that's in the picture is in fact the squonk pin some idiot has used it when placing the attie ready for the picture not realising it's not the correct centre screw. *face palm*

If you take a look at the pictures of the zenith you will see that the positive screw that's in the picture is in fact the squonk pin some idiot has used it when placing the attie ready for the picture not realising it's not the correct centre screw. *face palm*

Cheers,

Thankyou for the heads up, I am making a squonker so a couple of different atty's will be helpful for testing.

Back
Top Bottom