What's new

SMOK TFV12 RBA Flavour Problem

luigibmw

Hello, firstly I would like to say hi to all fellow vapers ;)

Secondly I wanted to ask people more experienced than me for an advice, ive been vaping for quite a while now and fell in love with SMOK products and their tanks so first of all i was using baby beast which was great but I wanted something a bit bigger and with more customization so i went with big baby beast then i gave it to my girlfriend and I bought myself a TFV12 and loved the single coil on this device but then i wanted to give a go at the RBA business...

Everything would be perfect if there would be any flavour...

I am using double deck for it and I have used many coil types of 26g kanthal... Ive used claptons which had ridiculous ramp up time but as well no flavour, i have used twisted, parallel and just a standard one wire coil but nothing helps... 7 wraps and still nothing... Used so much wire and no succes. I tried all sorts of tricks to try and fix it such as spacing coils or compressing them, i have tried to lower coils more to air holes, my wicking is on point after so many times i have done it in hope of fixing the issue. Coils dont have any hot spots or anything, i am running very low on ideas... I am using 80/20 vg/pg liquid which on every other tanks tastes brilliant but not on this one...

Could the liquid be the problem with the rba? Should i invest into higher pg juice?

Additionally i do not suffer from a vapers tongue because i was Cleaning the tank frequently with changing juice after every rebuild.

Tried upping and lowering wattage, airflow etc...

Right now im using single coil wire 8 wraps at 0.6ohm

I am using Cotton bacon 2.0 for my wicks and all i get is rich cloud but next to 0 taste... Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you for consideration and better late than never - happy 2018 guys. ;)

If it's any help I've just built my TFV8 Big Baby with the RTA deck using 2 coils of fused Kanthal 28gx2/32g outer.... 5 wraps with a 2.5mm spindle pops out at about 0.3 ohms, at 90w the flavour is intense with no spitting. If you're struggling to get flavour "In my experience however, others may differ" it's usually a wicking problem

You dont say how much air you're using, mines about a 1/3 open. Not sure what builds in mine, dual coil for sure, probably around 0.30, 24awg, 3mm ID, six or seven wraps. It's not a great flavour atty, it's just not that sort of tank, but there is reasonable flavour.

Back
Top Bottom