What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Smok tanks size issue

Just bought an X-Priv kit off a guy on a facebook group which comes with the Prince tank. Will have a little measure of that when it comes, and check back in.

Maybe your syringe is inaccurate. Ever thought of that? :)

Just bought an X-Priv kit off a guy on a facebook group which comes with the Prince tank. Will have a little measure of that when it comes, and check back in.

Maybe your syringe is inaccurate. Ever thought of that? :)

I have plenty of syringes, I did think of that but doubt it is the syringe. Will still check though.

:D

Is there any other coils that fit the smok shat tanks?

I know that my @Vaptio frogman can run on smok coils, so was wondering if they would work the other way round?

The obvious thing to do would to just get the frogman ;) it’s a much better tank

had a look at the frogman, looks okay but the 510 drip tip is a con for me. If it was 810 then I might have considered giving it a go

Yes. Eco 12 coils fit the tfv12 . I buy them off eBay

Had a look but they seem to cost more than smok coils? The X4 eco coil pack of 3 is £11.39 whilst the smok x4 tfv12 pack of 3 is £8.99. Both of these prices were found on ebay.

Had a look but they seem to cost more than smok coils? The X4 eco coil pack of 3 is £11.39 whilst the smok x4 tfv12 pack of 3 is £8.99. Both of these prices were found on ebay.

I buy these ones every month https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authenti...hash=item1c862f31b5:m:m5Hqs_2tk4kNvs0yfbgBgYw

The T14s and T16s are expensive, but they last like 2 or 3 weeks.. And they need to be ran about 160watts

X4s run out quickly

T6s are my favourite, they have loads of cloud, last a while and strong flavour. And run about 100watts

Last edited:
Hi,

Ive got several smok tanks and I cannot work out as to how they say for example that the big baby beast is a 5ml size when it isnt?! Even the big cloud beast tanks, they say they are 6ml and the new v12 is 8ml but I cant get nowhere near that much liquid in any of these?! I have double checked and can't understand why they dont take the amount of liquid stated for their size.

Recently I even got the upgraded glass for the big baby beast which is supposed to make it a 6.5ml capacity but even that doesn't take that much. It takes 4ml max.

I have been using syringes to measure.

Really strange. Im hoping someone can shed some light on this as I cant find anything online.
The manufacturer quotes the capacity with the coil fully saturated. When it comes to amok that's an awful lot of wet coil.

I buy these ones every month https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authenti...hash=item1c862f31b5:m:m5Hqs_2tk4kNvs0yfbgBgYw

The T14s and T16s are expensive, but they last like 2 or 3 weeks.. And they need to be ran about 160watts

X4s run out quickly

T6s are my favourite, they have loads of cloud, last a while and strong flavour. And run about 100watts

Thanks for the link, that is exactly the same listing I found when I was searching.

Oh I didn't know that. I assumed the T6, T12, etc would go quicker as your vaping them at higher wattages. To be honest even the X4(tfv8) and other coils I use, I never take them up high or at the recommended cause I find the ratings for coils to be off the mark. With the bigger coils even the T10 Im vaping that at around 76W. The problem I have is if I vape at over 90W then I can't chain vape as the drip tip gets too hot.
As for the X4 on the big baby, I vape that between 38-44W and its perfect. Still get plenty of clouds and a really good flavour.

I might give the T6 coil a go once I run out of coils on this new tank. Ive still got a couple coils with my v12 prince to try so will use those first. Currently using the T10 coil on it. Im surprised they aren't giving the T12 coil with this tank, should be compatible.

You will like the t6s they are awesome compared to any other coil I’ve tried ( in my tfv12 )

Back
Top Bottom