What's new

Smok tanks size issue

viper

Achiever
Hi,

Ive got several smok tanks and I cannot work out as to how they say for example that the big baby beast is a 5ml size when it isnt?! Even the big cloud beast tanks, they say they are 6ml and the new v12 is 8ml but I cant get nowhere near that much liquid in any of these?! I have double checked and can't understand why they dont take the amount of liquid stated for their size.

Recently I even got the upgraded glass for the big baby beast which is supposed to make it a 6.5ml capacity but even that doesn't take that much. It takes 4ml max.

I have been using syringes to measure.

Really strange. Im hoping someone can shed some light on this as I cant find anything online.

If UK purchsed they come with a 2ml limit, i think they may have a spare glass that is bigger. The last time i purchased a Smok tank was May last year Before the 2ml limit came into force with TPD rules. So at a guess you maybe using a TPD compliant version of the tanks which have a smaller capacity due to the chimney length being shorter thus making the glass smaller which means less capacity. I know the 2ml baby needed a chimney extension to use the RBA and the glass that came with it, and the big baby pre TPD that came as part of a kit didn't have a glass that the rba could be used with as i had to buy the glass seperate from fasttech.

If UK purchsed they come with a 2ml limit, i think they may have a spare glass that is bigger. The last time i purchased a Smok tank was May last year Before the 2ml limit came into force with TPD rules. So at a guess you maybe using a TPD compliant version of the tanks which have a smaller capacity due to the chimney length being shorter thus making the glass smaller which means less capacity. I know the 2ml baby needed a chimney extension to use the RBA and the glass that came with it, and the big baby pre TPD that came as part of a kit didn't have a glass that the rba could be used with as i had to buy the glass seperate from fasttech.

No all my smok tanks were purchased Pre-TPD so I have the original big sized tanks with the glass.

No all my smok tanks were purchased Pre-TPD so I have the original big sized tanks with the glass.
Ok unsure then it could be smok had measured the capacity without a coil fitted then. I have never measured the juice when i fill either a tfv12 8 or big baby beast. so i have no answer now:)

Hi,

Ive got several smok tanks and I cannot work out as to how they say for example that the big baby beast is a 5ml size when it isnt?! Even the big cloud beast tanks, they say they are 6ml and the new v12 is 8ml but I cant get nowhere near that much liquid in any of these?! I have double checked and can't understand why they dont take the amount of liquid stated for their size.

Recently I even got the upgraded glass for the big baby beast which is supposed to make it a 6.5ml capacity but even that doesn't take that much. It takes 4ml max.

I have been using syringes to measure.

Really strange. Im hoping someone can shed some light on this as I cant find anything online.
Do you think it could be at it's max fill with the smaller coils and not so much with the bigger ones? Just a guess though as I agree with @MrTeaTime [emoji23]

Do you think it could be at it's max fill with the smaller coils and not so much with the bigger ones? Just a guess though as I agree with @MrTeaTime [emoji23]
:D

Is there any other coils that fit the smok shat tanks?

I know that my @Vaptio frogman can run on smok coils, so was wondering if they would work the other way round?

The obvious thing to do would to just get the frogman ;) it’s a much better tank

:D

Is there any other coils that fit the smok shat tanks?

I know that my @Vaptio frogman can run on smok coils, so was wondering if they would work the other way round?

The obvious thing to do would to just get the frogman ;) it’s a much better tank
Think the cigpet eco 12 coils fit I'm sure @VenomX uses them in his tfv [emoji5] but yeah fuck the tank off and get a frogman [emoji6]

frogman tank? ill need to look that one up.
I dont have any issue with using smok tanks, they perform well and yes coils are expensive.
But im beginning to think some of you may be right about how they must be giving the measurement without the coil being installed. You can't get smaller coils? I mean you can get the different performance ones but they are all equal in size if you were to install them in the tank.

Would be interesting to know what other coils work with these tanks and how well? Never thought about looking for alternative.
Speaking of coils, I've actually got the new smok mesh coils on pre-order :D looking forward to trying those out whenever they arrive from the slow boat.

Does anyone else know about the size issue on the tanks or confirm whats been mentioned?

thanks everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom