What's new

Samsung 18650 25r 2500mah

I stopped going really low when I did some tests and realised how little you really get out of very low resistance builds on single cell mechs.

I copied Chegs and built a silly box mod instead, far more output with far less risk. Main issue now is 22mm drippers are far too small for my liking.

Difficult to stuff a lipo into me akuma though

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Know a chippy vaper who knocks up some lovely boxes to your spec ready for u to build guts yourself

the ones i know who do go that low on a single battery have the old sonys and efests and use pulse ratings. However the pulse vs continuous is a debate like clones vs genuine, ford vs vauxhall etc

vauxhall for the win!!!

There is that sparkyjuice but you can build and attractive looking timber box mod with a little planning and patience :)

Indeed point I was making is would not be prepared to make my tube mods redundant for the sake of a battery
Don't sub ohm too much these days

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

I vape at 0.15ohms on the Samsung 25Rs and I reckon they knock the VTC5s into a cocked hat. Really impressed with them.

flying over your house,
a guy called xib

I vape at 0.15ohms on the Samsung 25Rs and I reckon they knock the VTC5s into a cocked hat. Really impressed with them.

flying over your house,
a guy called xib

27% over rated capacity! Hope you trust your ohm tester!

27% over rated capacity! Hope you trust your ohm tester!

I'm not especially worried to be honest. Between my job as an engineer and what I've learned so far as a sub-ohmer, I'm pretty comfortable vaping at those levels.

I recently retired half a dozen VTC5s, so I took them into work last week and deliberately vented three of them just because. The first two were a major disappointment; I hard shorted them with a piece of metal bridging the positive and negative ends. It took took a couple of minutes for them to actually pop, and even at that it was more of a fizzle. The third one I hooked up to an electrical test rig. It went off like a rocket, but then so would I if I had 415V and 32A shoved up my backside like the cell did.

TL;DR version: Mech mods and IMR batteries aren't the hand grenades they're made out to be. By the same token, I wouldn't recommend sub-ohming to anyone until they learn enough to make informed decisions.

Back
Top Bottom