What's new

Samsung 18650 25r 2500mah

Dagger

Achiever
Looking at getting a new pair of batteries and have heard a bit about these recently.
I don't crazy sub ohm, 0.3 is about as mental as i go at the moment

Decent batteries for the job?
Is ecolux on the bay a reputable seller?

i`ve had a few sets of efest purple from ecolux shop and had no problems ,,i hear they are pretty trustworthy ...

Ecolux is a reputable supplier and they are 22a constant :)

Check ohms law but iirc they'll handle .3

Edit:- Safe down to '0.16' always leave that margin for error tho

Brilliant, cheers guys.
Out of interest though, what batteries do the nutters that vape at 0.1 or 0.06 use?

Not really interested in going there as 0.3 is wild enough for me, but i did i fair bit of reading before choosing batteries, these seem to be highly regarded but even these won't go down as low as some of the nutters I've seen on here coil their drippers

Brilliant, cheers guys.
Out of interest though, what batteries do the nutters that vape at 0.1 or 0.06 use?

Not really interested in going there as 0.3 is wild enough for me, but i did i fair bit of reading before choosing batteries, these seem to be highly regarded but even these won't go down as low as some of the nutters I've seen on here coil their drippers

The ones I know who do go that low on a single battery have the old Sonys and efests and use pulse ratings. However the pulse vs continuous is a debate like clones vs genuine, ford vs vauxhall etc

I will say the other day I was pulling 84amps from 60amps continuous in parallel (wasn't my build or box) used it once and felt unsafe personally

Last edited:
But then again I didn't like a 0.05ohm coiled dripper so close to my damn face lol

Hah, i know the feeling, even with a .3 dripper my bum starts twitching a little.

Thanks for the info mate. Most appreciated

Brilliant, cheers guys.

I rapidly tired of chasing batteries to go below 0.1 ohms using round cells, so grabbed the soldering iron and made a lipo powered unregulated beast. My boxes can go down to 0.01 and not fret, but the rest of the boxes components are likely to fail before then anyway. The mosfet will handle 110A, the soldering won't though. Having experimented with seriously low ohms I got bored of having to modify the airflow of the atty so the vapour didn't taste hotter than fresh lava and doubled the voltage to 8.4V. This has the advantage of allowing high wattage vaping, without the hassles of drilling attys, sourcing batteries to handle high currents etc. I'm presently vaping at 1.3 ohms on 8.4V with the slots on the Mephisto partially closed, whereas the same wattage on 4.2V requires the slots fully open and still can be uncomfortably warm.

I rapidly tired of chasing batteries to go below 0.1 ohms using round cells, so grabbed the soldering iron and made a lipo powered unregulated beast. My boxes can go down to 0.01 and not fret, but the rest of the boxes components are likely to fail before then anyway. The mosfet will handle 110A, the soldering won't though. Having experimented with seriously low ohms I got bored of having to modify the airflow of the atty so the vapour didn't taste hotter than fresh lava and doubled the voltage to 8.4V. This has the advantage of allowing high wattage vaping, without the hassles of drilling attys, sourcing batteries to handle high currents etc. I'm presently vaping at 1.3 ohms on 8.4V with the slots on the Mephisto partially closed, whereas the same wattage on 4.2V requires the slots fully open and still can be uncomfortably warm.

Yeah I agree lipo is the way forward, I did grab the links from you a while back to the lipo cells you used as I have plans for a chegs style lipo box in the near future, it will be my next build.

I rarely drip to be honest, normally only when the missus has some crap on tv I'd like to block out!
Truth is, the cells I've just ordered are primarily to power a mech with a > 1ohm kayfun on it but I'm a great believer in buying good batteries.

I just like to cover every eventuality really, I mainly coil high resistance drippers and stick em on my high powered regulated mods but just wanted to know that if the world ends in a massive electrical storm and all circuit boards are rendered useless, I could always coil a .3 dripper and use it on a mech in conjunction with these batteries

Back
Top Bottom