What's new

RDA, airflow, VG/PG, lung inhale questions..?

Ditch

Postman
I have several drippers.. Lotus, Igo-W3, Patriot.. cant get on with any of them, lack of flavour, too damn hot, no taste..

Yet everybody seems to rave about them, I have tried lots of different builds & ohms & wicks, none seem to compare with a simple cotton build in a Kayfun..

A 1.0 ohm build with 80VG/20PG DIY juice in my kayfun is producing some respectable clouds, but tried lung inhales and thought I was gonna die..

Is this where I should now be trying the RDA's again... will the increased airflow bring the drippers into their own if i can master lung inhales from them..??

I have several drippers.. Lotus, Igo-W3, Patriot.. cant get on with any of them, lack of flavour, too damn hot, no taste..

Yet everybody seems to rave about them, I have tried lots of different builds & ohms & wicks, none seem to compare with a simple cotton build in a Kayfun..

A 1.0 ohm build with 80VG/20PG DIY juice in my kayfun is producing some respectable clouds, but tried lung inhales and thought I was gonna die..

Is this where I should now be trying the RDA's again... will the increased airflow bring the drippers into their own if i can master lung inhales from them..??

Read the guide I wrote, airflow wise, I don't run anything less than 2x3mm. Even if it's only a 0.3 build. Lots of little holes are better than one big one though.

i've got an igo-m and a trident. i love the trident, the flavour is great and it's so easy to setup. i'm using a .57ohm coil 2mm (i think) diameter with .32 kanthal and cotton and it's all i've used since i built it. my spinner and vtr are now in a box. i've even got the trident v2 on the slow boat from fasttech. give it a go, it's only £6 for the clone.

Raguri I have read your guide and many of your other posts and been impressed/amused by your cloud videos.. but I just dont get drippers, the lotus has an air hole I could climb through but its still stupidly hot even around the 1ohm mark.. I must be doing something wrong somewhere. .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

m0th I will give the Patriot another try, coolest vape I have found so far is a twin coil in the Igo W3 using .2mm kanthal microcoils, at about 1ohm total, but even that was not a good vape just bearable with just one air hole open to give it similar airflow to the Kayfun 3.1..

I must be doing something wrong..

Ditch , i'm no expert (far from it) but if i only had one air hole i would only use a single coil. make sure your air holes are right in front of the coil too. i'm using the second smallest single air hole on my trident and it's a lovely vape. what thickness wire have you got to use?

this is my setup, i'm it's either .28 or .32 (pretty sure .32) wire wrapped on a 2.00mm - 2.50mm allen key it's .57 ohms. not sure how much this'll help but...

20140704_201911.jpg
20140704_201820.jpg
20140704_201829.jpg

m0th the igo W3 is multi post, so I built it with 2 micro chimney coils right next to each other directly in front on the air holes, tried it from wide open to virtually closed on single and multi holes.. bearable but not good..

I have 0.2mm and 0.3mm Kanthal A1..

Do you do lung inhales from your drippers or mouth to lung..?

I have sussed the long slow lung inhale from my kayfun, but the exhale is a killer, need to workout how to blow clouds without coughing up a lung it spoils the moment lol..

Ditch , i lung hit it on this air hole and if i go to the smallest one it's great for mouth to lung. i've coiled my igo-m loads of times and it only worked well once, the first time i built it (copied rip trippers nano dragon coil). subsequent efforts have resulted in nothing but harshness and pain with less vapour than the dragon coils that were a higher resistance. just try a normal .6 ohm coil or something for now and see how it goes with that. i've never even tried a chimney coil, i'm all about the micros for now.

what nicotine strength are you vaping also? too high and it'll rape your throat.

Back
Top Bottom