What's new

Pick a dripper (fasttech thread)

most of what I build are 0.8 to1 ohm coils so I am sure the postholes would be fine.
My interest in it is mainly for out and about when using 4nine in 18350 mode so the apeal is the small size.
My only likely builds are 0.2 twisted or 0.3 straight.
So still interested.I am easy pleased.Hell,I even like the igo-l,the only person that still mentions them.

My Derringer is sitting pretty at .9 ohm, and is absolutely stonking. It's one of the the best FT purchases I've made. Coupled it with a SIMPL 18650 mod, and it's smaller than my 18500 GP Paps with a Tobh. There's a piccy here of how it looks, I just love it.

I think there's gonna be another couple of 'em added to the collection in different colours.

My Derringer is sitting pretty at .9 ohm, and is absolutely stonking. It's one of the the best FT purchases I've made. Coupled it with a SIMPL 18650 mod, and it's smaller than my 18500 GP Paps with a Tobh. There's a piccy here of how it looks, I just love it.

I think there's gonna be another couple of 'em added to the collection in different colours.

My list of gear I am thinking about is very short but the smpl is another thing on it.
I have to decide whether I buy two more nemesis clones or try the smpl
After that I will decide I am ready for the Zombie apocalypse and will stop buying gear for a while.

My list of gear I am thinking about is very short but the smpl is another thing on it.
After that I will decide I am ready for the Zombie apocalypse and will stop buying gear for a while.

If the SMPL and the Derringer are on it, it's a match made in heaven. Still got a Nemi clone in my basket, never hit the button on it though. Think I just wanted to be different, but glad I made the choice. They're a beautiful combination.

I've got the parts for an 18650 solar charger priced up to counteract the 'ol zombie bizness too. :D

If the SMPL and the Derringer are on it, it's a match made in heaven. Still got a Nemi clone in my basket, never hit the button on it though. Think I just wanted to be different, but glad I made the choice. They're a beautiful combination.

I've got the parts for an 18650 solar charger priced up to counteract the 'ol zombie bizness too. :D

The smpl and the most popular ft nemi have among the best reviews for mechs.The nemi is seriously boring but for me the advantage is that it has a long track record you can get parts and it is fixable.
My concerns for the smpl are the fixed top end sounds like a good idea,BUT if the threads go?The other thing I have to look into before deciding is the switch on the smpl.I have not looked into it yet.Can I totally dismantle it? Can I fix any problems?Can you buy a replacement?These are the things I will consider before deciding.
Some other day I am off to bed.
Goodnight.

The smpl was the other purchase I picked up at the same time as my derringer. I have to say 'I like' having used the 4nine pretty much exclusively since August the Smpl stands up very well to the competition. Obviously it is 18650, but I always used my 4nine in that mode anyway. Cleaning is significantly easier obviously with the one piece tube which would be a big point in it's favour. Battery changing would be the possible bugbear. A set of needletip tweezers next to the charger makes it a doddle, but changing batteries whilst out and about would be slightly less convenient than the 4nine. Admittedly with 18650's I very rarely need to so it isn't a big concern for me.

Photo of what's currently in my hand, FT smpl, FT derringer with dwarf pawn drip tip :D

IMG_20150215_013635171_zpsreumghfe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom