What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ohms calculation

oo0acedude0oo

Postman
Can anyone let me know how to calculate the ohms for a vertebrade coil as I made two yesterday tested them and the meter said 0.1 for a duel coil 26awg kanthal three strands. Then tried it in my alien and boom ohms to low appeared.

I'm guessing that ohms testing for exotic coils might be difficult. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

I only build simple coils, but for a three strand coil is it not roughly 1/3 of a single strand coil, then 1/2 of that for a dual coil ?
Not an answer, just another question.

I only build simple coils, but for a three strand coil is it not roughly 1/3 of a single strand coil, then 1/2 of that for a dual coil ?

No its not that simple. For example if you go to Steam-Engine to calculate a twisted coil it will ask you for the twist pitch. This is because the wire is basically going sideways as well as forwards and this has an effect on the end resistance. For such a fancy coil as he is aiming for it will be far more complicated than that.

@oo0acedude0oo the best advice I can give you is to be very careful and assume that the resistance is lower than you expect or you equipment reports. Make sure your batteries can handle much more than what you think you are throwing at them. (also I love the avatar :D)

Back
Top Bottom