What's new

Now we know about gplat...

Loco

Postman
Just wondering if anyone will be buying 317L ss wire instead. Were there any fans here of gplat? +are you happy now you can buy it at a fraction of the price!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Was that the red or the blue?
Has someone analysed it or have the makers said what it was?

Cloned wire, whatever next?

This was posted on reddit:

uploadfromtaptalk1409327897910.jpg

I had a metallurgist in a top defence contactor break down some 20awg gplat haywire. I just received this email. : electronic_cigarette

Sorry, posted from my phone so was trying to keep it short. Guess I should have expanded slightly for those who hadn't herd!

The test was from a reliable source, as seen in the post above. The company behind g plat denied it, yet 'coincidentally' have closed there fb website pages!

Think its solely the price they were charging that has caused all the resentment, considering how cheap the wire is. Kind of explains why they kept the composition under wraps.

There reaction to the findings hasn't exactly been great from what i've gathered!

The major issue is the way they have responded IMHO. Still stating that the metallurgist claims are false and yet with no evidence of their own - I know who I would trust out of a defence contract metallurgist and a company who is unwilling to provide their own counter evidence.. Smacks of another Ameravape way to handle things really.

Oh dear. Does anyone worry about the other wires on offer. Royals? Chadster?

Was going to suggest it might be worth emailing vapemesh company to see if they would stock the 317L wire....apparently they are already on it!...good news for anyone that was put off by gplat due to the price / lack of openness regarding the composition.

Good point above though...does raise questions about the alternatives...wonder if this will prompt them to be more forthcoming with what there wire really is....

I think they may have to come forward to rid themselfs of being tared with the same brush

I think they may have to come forward to rid themselfs of being tared with the same brush

The thing for me as a juice maker is that we are expected to disclose much of our recipe in order to appease those that are concerned with the safety of products. I list anything non-standard in my product information so colourants and percentages, alcohols etc and I even go as far as listing the overall % of flavourings used in each juice too.

Using certain metals can create inhalation risks and while the metallurgist report does show it shouldn't be an issue in this case, GPlat (vapinology) themselves have never come forward with this kind of info and in my view should have.

Back
Top Bottom