What's new

No more clouds for me for a while.

Cloud chasing on a mini octopus? That's hardcore

What sort of build did you have in it?

.... 22awg parralel Royal... >.> Was for the single coil thread... 0.15 ohms.. hahahaha! No wonder that died, as it's really not built for it...

I too have a growing collection of RDA's with insulation issues, but am getting used to botching some kind of fix to keep them going whilst the replacement finds it's way here.

posted by an unauthorised idiot :P

.... Does high temp epoxy count as a bodge?
Albeit, a very dangerous bodge...

Immortaliser has ceramic base but hardly cloud machine

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Would it be possible to mod a triangle to take decent sized wires?

Could be a base for making something new?!

edit...I havnt gone crazy talking about vaping from shapes....Triangle RDA has a ceramic base.....

I have a few bits of tube left over from my racing buggies fuel lines which are more heat resistant than the shit plastics on the majority of clones,but trying to stop the centre-posts from simply squeezing this silicon out the way until it finds another metal part of the atty to short on is where I struggle.My Origen has now got a piece of fucking cardboard under the top thumb screw to enable its use(pita device doesn't lend itself to much in the way of coils anyway)as the original insulator melted at 0.34 ohms & tried to kill me by soaking into the fucking wicks. My Mephisto has now decided to allow the centre-post to rise up if I try to get the mechs centre-pin tight against it but not allow me to take it apart fully to see if I can arrange something stronger.The Zeniths centre-pin turns if I try to compress a parallel build with the grub screw,and also refuses to come apart completely to try & lock it in place,The Double Cross though,the centre-pin is still tight even though I've had the base hot enough to scorch the top of my wooden desk(the O rings that hold the top cap were melting[now replaced]but not the centre-pin insulator)It would be a good "insane" build device if it was a)MUCH larger & b)had larger slots in the posts.I can just about squeeze 3 x 0.5 mm round kanthal in,if I ignore the blood that was leaking from the end of my thumb(I did) Of the 2 larger RDA's (Zenith V2 & Mephisto) I'm tempted to renew searching for a genuine Zenith,as I'm anticipating that it will be as heat resistant as its little bro the Double Cross.

Got a design done in my head for a 4x18650, and after talking to a certain engineer at vapefest, he gave me the idea of using ceramic insulators in an rda... it's just finding the time to.do all this, and work!

Too right, the ruddy stainles will melt before the ceramic does. But yeah, finding time to fit everything in is a pain...

.... 22awg parralel Royal... >.> Was for the single coil thread... 0.15 ohms.. hahahaha! No wonder that died, as it's really not built for it...

Don't even consider it. Even though it's high temp, it'll still gas off when you fire it and put all sorts of nasties in your vapour.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

After talking to a buddy of mine, I'm ordering a genuine mephisto. Fuck it. The genuine doesn't have the centre post issue, AND you can actually blowtorch the centre insulator and it won't melt. So, that's my.plan. genuine.mephisto. means my custom top cap will fit as well.

Zenith was a possibility but post holes are too small I think... VeeDubZ how big are they mofo?

As for running higher ohms... Faaack oooff

Smok X-pure is ceramic base, only £25, could be worth a punt with an eye towards some customisation

Back
Top Bottom