What's new

No more clouds for me for a while.

Raguri

Nutter!
So, in the past day I have killed.
Stillaire clone, infinite clt, igo w, igo l, oreico storm, and a mini octopus.
Why?
As the insulators are shit.

So for now I am left with a genuine soldado. That is it. And I can't cloud chase on that due to the top cap being.hot.enough at 0.2 since a drip tip won't fit. I've tried loads. :(

Sorry.... :(
Gonna put the mirandus up for sale in a few days I think and get a genuine copper mod and a genuine mephisto I think (even though I'll only be using the bloody deck!)

Saw a lovely t post dripper somewhere, 2mm post holes, which is enough. Just can't remember it.

That sucks mate :/ I've only ever managed to melt an insulator on an IGO W which didn't even get chance to be vaped on (put that down to FT)

Get yourself through a CAD course and design one with some delrin insulators ;)

That sucks mate :/ I've only ever managed to melt an insulator on an IGO W which didn't even get chance to be vaped on (put that down to FT)

Get yourself through a CAD course and design one with some delrin insulators ;)

Got a design done in my head for a 4x18650, and after talking to a certain engineer at vapefest, he gave me the idea of using ceramic insulators in an rda... it's just finding the time to.do all this, and work!

So, in the past day I have killed.
Stillaire clone, infinite clt, igo w, igo l, oreico storm, and a mini octopus.
Why?
As the insulators are shit.

So for now I am left with a genuine soldado. That is it. And I can't cloud chase on that due to the top cap being.hot.enough at 0.2 since a drip tip won't fit. I've tried loads. :(

Of those six devices, I have four; each has been used well, for between six months and a year, and not one of them has so much as a mark on the insulator. And I've seen many cloud chasers using Igo-W bases, generally with heavily perforated top caps, with no apparent ill effects.

Perhaps it isn't the devices, Sam. Perhaps it's... you?

BTW, what are you doing with the poor disshevelled corpses of these drippers? Not just binning them, I hope?

ouch, savage mate.
which insulator melts- is it the one around the 510 connector at the bottom or the one at the bottom of the positive post?
i swear i saw a review of a deck with a ceramic base the other day.... might have been a genesis though

Of those six devices, I have four; each has been used well, for between six months and a year, and not one of them has so much as a mark on the insulator. And I've seen many cloud chasers using Igo-W bases, generally with heavily perforated top caps, with no apparent ill effects.

Perhaps it isn't the devices, Sam. Perhaps it's... you?

BTW, what are you doing with the poor disshevelled corpses of these drippers? Not just binning them, I hope?

Oh I know it's me, was running them all at around 0.04 to 0.08 :P .it happens, I get paid Friday so looking for a mephisto in stock.

ouch, savage mate.
which insulator melts- is it the one around the 510 connector at the bottom or the one at the bottom of the positive post?
i swear i saw a review of a deck with a ceramic base the other day.... might have been a genesis though

Would have been a gennie I think, and always the one at the tip within the base :(

Cloud chasing on a mini octopus? That's hardcore

What sort of build did you have in it?

I too have a growing collection of RDA's with insulation issues, but am getting used to botching some kind of fix to keep them going whilst the replacement finds it's way here.

posted by an unauthorised idiot :P

Back
Top Bottom