What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ni80 wire

redmatt76

Postman
Hi all. Just received ni80 wire instead of kanthal. Can I use Ni80 wire coils with vw/vv regulated mod?

yes you can..there is another active thread around now on the same subject...check it out

I got sent a spool of this for free, no idea what to do with it as it's hair thin

Not touched Kanthal since @MrTeaTime put me on to Ni80 its the bees knees. VV/VW no problem just use STEAMENGINE to make your coils as its a lower resistance to Kanthal

So playing on steam engine, to get a 0.4ohm coil to fit my RBA, I would need to twist two lengths together then make a parallel coil with two twisted lengths! Sounds complex to me

If you have a battery drill you can easily make a length of twisted wire. There are lots of good youtube vids showing you the process. Takes a few seconds. Rip tripper is a good guy to watch.

So playing on steam engine, to get a 0.4ohm coil to fit my RBA, I would need to twist two lengths together then make a parallel coil with two twisted lengths! Sounds complex to me
Sounds like you selected the wrong options - Parallel coils halve the resistance, as does twisted wire (well more or less). Unless of course you're using a mech and deliberatelty trying to hit 0.4 - but if you're using a regulated device you can build higher and just turn down the power...

Ye mate, once you go nichrome, kanthal is just a pain in the arse.

If you have a battery drill you can easily make a length of twisted wire. There are lots of good youtube vids showing you the process. Takes a few seconds. Rip tripper is a good guy to watch.
I've just been looking at some actually, will definitely give it a go

Sounds like you selected the wrong options - Parallel coils halve the resistance, as does twisted wire (well more or less). Unless of course you're using a mech and deliberatelty trying to hit 0.4 - but if you're using a regulated device you can build higher and just turn down the power...
I May well have done, it's a bit confusing but I'm getting there. I always check the ohms with a multimeter before installing coils, even premade ones.

The ni80 I've got is 34 gauge, which I believe is quite thin, maybe that's part of it. I'm aiming for 0.4 because that's what I liked in the regular coils but maybe I'm Barking up the wrong tree aiming for that with an RBA?

Back
Top Bottom