What's new

New to subohming- Nic query

ricke17

Initiate
Hey,

I’ve ordered myself a new subohm tank/mod and just want to ask whether I’ll notice a difference in the absorption of nicotine. Currently I MTL with a 12mg juice and I see that it’s best to start with a 6mg juice with DL. Having read around the subject it seems that DL responds better to 6mg than 12mg which may be harsher. Essentially will I notice that I’m craving more nicotine if I DL without 6mg or not?

TIA.

Rick.

With DL and running at a higher wattage you will automatically absorb more nicotine as it creates more vapour - hence why people recommend using lower nic levels.

It's not that simple for me and why I don't DTL vape very often ... I can vape 6mg all day and get through 5x as much liquid than I would MTL vaping 12mg and still never feel that satisfied on the nic front, so I'm not convinced that you are automatically absorbing that much more nicotine, maybe you are just blowing more of it out?

So I would tend to say, that I think you will end up vaping it more and will notice the cravings more...but everyone is different, you'll just have to see.

.... but I can honestly say I could sit and vape 3 or 6 mg DTL all day without ever really feeling like I'm getting the nicotine hit I need and get through stupid amounts of liquid trying to.

I think I agree with @simong . 12mg seems to be perfect for me. For the short while I was vaping 3mg liquid at about 20-25 watts in a kayfun 5 I was constantly puffing and going through a ridiculous amount of liquid. I’ve ended up at 12 after gradually increasing it and reducing the watts at the same time. Seems much more satisfying to me. I have a couple of puffs then put it down for a while. I suspect that the more vapour you breathe in, the less of the nic that’s in there gets absorbed and the more you just breath back out. It makes sense.

mmm....Im no so sure I vape 3mg no matter the device....I recently sub ohm'd 0.5 ss coil...at 50 watts...defo felt a stronger more intense longer lasting nic hit... the sore head, ya dancer hit.....vaped less and used less liquid as a result.
So we may all be a wee tad different, I like to vape all the time so do not make a habit of this high power stuff, but its good to know if I need a good nic skelp....I just use the sub rather than faff about with different levels of nic.

mmm....Im no so sure I vape 3mg no matter the device....I recently sub ohm'd 0.5 ss coil...at 50 watts...defo felt a stronger more intense longer lasting nic hit... the sore head, ya dancer hit.....vaped less and used less liquid as a result.
So we may all be a wee tad different, I like to vape all the time so do not make a habit of this high power stuff, but its good to know if I need a good nic skelp....I just use the sub rather than faff about with different levels of nic.

Aye of course you’ll get more of a hit taking a bigger puff of the same liquid.

But you’re right we are probably all different with how we perceive it, as well.

yeah, vaping the same strength you are used to .... of course.

That's what I'm saying, switching from 12mg to 6mg though is a drop of 6mg, that's more than you even vape, it's a big drop .... and for me even when DTLing 6mg it still doesn't make up for that 'lost' 6mg.

yeah, vaping the same strength you are used to .... of course.

That's what I'm saying, switching from 12mg to 6mg though is a drop of 6mg, that's more than you even vape, it's a big drop .... and for me even when DTLing 6mg it still doesn't make up for that 'lost' 6mg.

Ah..right got use now, I never fully read the OP (numpty me)......aye its a big drop....however have you tried blind testing yourself, mix up some 6mg and some 12mg...don't let yourself see them...:)

Back
Top Bottom