What's new

New to Cloud Chasing!

Catlow88

Postman
Morning all,

Hope your all having a great weekend! Some advice on cloud chasing if possible.

First off - I don't have a mech mod. I've never really got on with them unfortunately. I use the Segelei 20W at the minute and think its a great bit of kit!

So essentially, I'm looking for a method of cloud chasing which doesn't involve rebuildable atomisers (too fiddly / I'm too incompetent!) and will work on a VV/VW. Any advice gratefully received!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

You would want to use an RDA something like an Omega as it has large air holes, you want a low resistance and the watts as high as they go.

Higher VG juice creates the vapour but also drys out quickly so be careful not to hit it dry

Edit:- Non RBAs limit you, ive had some success with the Protank 3 :-)

Cloud chasing is normally with rebuildables, that is the way you'll get the best clouds. They are not that hard to build tbh. But as I said you are limited but a Protank should help.

Instead of normal vaping, you should draw hard and fast (await dirty minds). Whilst doing so inhale it into your lungs and on the exhale push hard.

Intaking so much vaper on your normal juice could cause a nicotine OD so drop your nic levels for fogging the place up

Lastly good luck

Sent From Within A Plume Of Vapour...

Last edited:
Also welcome to the planet of the vapes community :-)

im afraid if you want to chase clouds then a rebuildable is a must have item, it doesnt take long to learn now to coil an atty it just takes practice, Kanthal is cheap when you considder how much you use per coil, ive heard good things about coil puck or coil buddies, or of you have someone near you that can show you how to do it? youtube has tonnes of videos/tutorials too.

Start small so something like an igo W or W4, patriot clone ect, you dont need to break the bank.

Get a selection of kanthal from the crazy wire co, from 0.3 - 0.6mm and a set of precision screwdrivers which is what i use to wrap my coils around.

High or Max VG juice too, although with the right build you can blow clouds with 50/50 pg/vg, i would also reccomend lowering the nicotine levels of your juice

again practice makes perfect

VeeDubZ clarified my point rebuildables will help but its also how its built.

I've had a Protank throwing out bigger and better clouds than my fogger and RDAs xD

However it is one the main components of it, they all work in sync, the juice, resistance, build and RDAs airholes and build :-)

Thanks folks - I wouldn't worry about a nicotine OD - I've been nic free for about 18 months but thanks for the warning though! Someone recommended an IGO-M to me but quad coil looks fairly full on to be honest.

If I was to go for a dual coil rebuildable - not quite sub-ohm but maybe 1.0 / 1.1 ohm - would that work? Or am I still asking the impossible?

Thanks folks - I wouldn't worry about a nicotine OD - I've been nic free for about 18 months but thanks for the warning though! Someone recommended an IGO-M to me but quad coil looks fairly full on to be honest.

If I was to go for a dual coil rebuildable - not quite sub-ohm but maybe 1.0 / 1.1 ohm - would that work? Or am I still asking the impossible?

Not impossible at all mate, quite standard :-)

Last edited:
I might be wrong, but I haven't found a vv/wv mod yet that fires up anything below 1.2 ohm?

6 wraps 0.32 dual coil, around 2mm, use cotton, Bob's your uncle and fannys your aunt.

Doesn't matter about resistance since its a vw.

Back
Top Bottom