What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New to Building- GeekVape Tsunami

VapoMalfoy

Postman
Hi there guys,

I'm sure this has been answered loads of times but would prefer to have a thread where I can ask any further questions I have and have them all in once place.

I just bought a GeekVape Tsunami 24 RDA and have received my Coil building kit so time to start building :D
Using 24awg Kanthal A1 wire in a single coil set up, Steam Engine says to build coils which are 7 and and 8/7 wraps at an inner diameter of 1.30mm which will vape at 18w or 2.7volts. Will this be a good starting point or does anyone have any other recommendations?
Would I bet better off buying the GeekVape Alien kanthal kit to get the hang off it and then adapt that coil instead?

Setup wise will be using a Smok Alien with 2 Fogstar Sony VTC5a batteries.

Many thanks

The 18w or 2.7v is if you're using a mech I think. If you're using a regulated mod it adjusts the amps for you. Just put a build in and adjust wattage to your needs if you are using a regulated mod

Okay thanks for the reply mate, that make senses actually don't know why I didn't think that.

Will give it a go, hopefuly don't burn my eyebrows away :D

Hi there guys,

I'm sure this has been answered loads of times but would prefer to have a thread where I can ask any further questions I have and have them all in once place.

I just bought a GeekVape Tsunami 24 RDA and have received my Coil building kit so time to start building :D
Using 24awg Kanthal A1 wire in a single coil set up, Steam Engine says to build coils which are 7 and and 8/7 wraps at an inner diameter of 1.30mm which will vape at 18w or 2.7volts. Will this be a good starting point or does anyone have any other recommendations?
Would I bet better off buying the GeekVape Alien kanthal kit to get the hang off it and then adapt that coil instead?

Setup wise will be using a Smok Alien with 2 Fogstar Sony VTC5a batteries.

Many thanks

Looking at you OP the coils you intend to build are rather on the thin side at 1.3mm ID
The Geekvape tsunami will happily take 3.0mm ID ciols without any issue's, using the the 24awg kanthal A1 wire you poster with 7 wraps will give you a single coil of 0.733 ohms for a pair of them your looking at 0.36 ohms and will happily vape at 50 watts which should produce a farily cool vape.

Back
Top Bottom