What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mesh Wick in a dripper.

roll your mesh then roll a piece of rizla around the mesh wick
insert into coil and fire your mod until the rizla is completely burnt
this oxidizes your mesh

If ur getting hotspots where your coils touch the mesh wrap half a rizzla round ur wick,insert and burn-voila,the ash makes just enough carbon to oxidise where need it
That's a handy tip, wish I'd known that sooner. Would have saved me no end of time. Cheers guys

I am not an expert at wicks/coils by any stretch but have used gennies previously, this has taught me how to build the coils and then make mesh wicks that can be slid in the coil. When torching the mesh, I've often seen little threads of mesh sticking out from the main body of the mesh glowing brightly, I reckon these are the biggest culprit for coil issues.
To cure this irritation, I fold the outside edge of the mesh (literally a couple of mm is all ) where it will run under the coil.

If the coil legs are causing hassles, putting a kink in them helps sometimes.
(On a genny, I'll add a tiny washer on the centre post as this tip was given me by another ape ages ago)

If like me you have no rizzla papers in the house, stroking the mesh wicks through cotton wool gently adds a little "cushion"for the wire to sit on, which then burns away and has the same effect as the rizzla.

Just oxidise your wick in vg dip it in 2 or 3 times light it and let it burn out job done :p

OK i'm gonna have a go at this. Had a quick look already. Havent got a genny so neva built with mesh. Want to build on an RDA

I sort of have an idea what to do, but not all that much info out there. If somone can point me to a few links they found useful that wud help.

Is 400 mesh OK ? i can get twill weave or shd I go coarser. I'm vaping at 50% and above VG.
What about ss rope and silica shd I get some. Best to get it in one order to save postage. THANKS

OK i'm gonna have a go at this. Had a quick look already. Havent got a genny so neva built with mesh. Want to build on an RDA

I sort of have an idea what to do, but not all that much info out there. If somone can point me to a few links they found useful that wud help.

Is 400 mesh OK ? i can get twill weave or shd I go coarser. I'm vaping at 50% and above VG.
What about ss rope and silica shd I get some. Best to get it in one order to save postage. THANKS

There aren't too many threads on using mesh in a dripper, but there are plenty on making mesh for gennys - same principle. Roll up a piece of mesh, heat it either with a gas torch or the gas hob and quench it several times. Make up a coil, loose spaced and adjust the mesh to fit, not too loose not too tight. Pulse gently to check for hot spots, deal with inevitable hot spots ( see the tutorial vids for advice!).
Make sure mesh isn't touching the negative post !
Soak mesh and coil with juice, pulse again, then off you go.

Don't worry about the SS rope until you get the hang of using mesh 'Straws' first. The SS rope is more for use in actual gennies, so ignore fully!!
400 or 300 mesh is fine. See what Rob stealthvape has on his page, good stuff so it is!

There aren't too many threads on using mesh in a dripper, but there are plenty on making mesh for gennys - same principle. Roll up a piece of mesh, heat it either with a gas torch or the gas hob and quench it several times. Make up a coil, loose spaced and adjust the mesh to fit, not too loose not too tight. Pulse gently to check for hot spots, deal with inevitable hot spots ( see the tutorial vids for advice!).
Make sure mesh isn't touching the negative post !
Soak mesh and coil with juice, pulse again, then off you go.

Don't worry about the SS rope until you get the hang of using mesh 'Straws' first. The SS rope is more for use in actual gennies, so ignore fully!!
400 or 300 mesh is fine. See what Rob stealthvape has on his page, good stuff so it is!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So I put the mesh thru the coil I already made, or wrap the coil around the mesh?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So I put the mesh thru the coil I already made, or wrap the coil around the mesh?

It's easier in a dripper to put the mesh thro' the ready built coil.
This I have discovered!!
Just watch on how you bend the mesh straw down to the juice wells, you can get frakking hotspots or touch the -ve post. Grr.
What dripper you using?

Coil around the mesh is again for gennys.

Back
Top Bottom