What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mesh Wick in a dripper.

EmbraSewerRat

Veteran
Yes you can! Ok, aye hunners of other cats have done it before.

So, as i'm awaiting a Kraken genny, did a bit of reading up and video watching on how to use mesh as wick, how a genny works( how to make it work!) and a few other things too, but came across a wee thread on mesh in a dripper.
As stealthvape are frakking fantastic for next day delivery and kit, my mesh order arrived this morning.

Torched, quenched, torched & quenched - repeat a few times. Then burn in/off some crap juice on the roll. Quick coil in the V2 Mephisto, fanny about with hot spots. Insert mesh wick, further fannying about with adjustments - Voila.

DSC_2454.jpg

Sucks up juice like a hoover, but ooh la la, what a lovely flavour ( using a DIY juice that was only just OK in a dripper). A new subtlety with a far better blend of tastes.

So, lets try a vertical one in the Mut-X V3. DSC_2460.jpg
Aye, the coil is atrocious, but it works. And will be replaced after food and some Elementary.
Not as good as the Meph, the Mut is more for clouds, but still better taste than the previous kanthal build that was in there.

Worth a bash apes, yes it really does tan off the juice, but if you can be bothered with the fannying about with the mesh I do recommend giving it a go.

Now I almost feel ready for all the challenges of gennys and SS rope wicks!
Cheers to @Raging Mammoth and oldhippydude for ideas and inspiration and al hte others posts I read thro.

Just put in my order with stealthvape today for mesh and stuff.
Am just putting together a ft order that will include a couple more krakens.
Will probably try some mesh dripper builds while I wait for the krakens.
I have still not put this kraken down since coiling it a few days ago.
The past is the future for me I think (krakens on nemesis) or till I find out for myself why people gave up on them.

Glad ur enjoying it I use mesh in most of my drippers another bonus is you get months,yes months out of a build

I've been toying with the idea of trying a Genny tank for ages as I've heard the flavour is amazing and it's one thing I've never tried to build. Just had too many tanks/attys in rotation to justify the research/outlay for yet another piece.

Your wee experiment has answered a few questions I had, so might do a bit more reading up and order some mesh to mess about with. There's a couple of attys I have that would suit being turned into flavour machines...

Cheers!

Just put in my order with stealthvape today for mesh and stuff.
Am just putting together a ft order that will include a couple more krakens.
Will probably try some mesh dripper builds while I wait for the krakens.
I have still not put this kraken down since coiling it a few days ago.
The past is the future for me I think (krakens on nemesis) or till I find out for myself why people gave up on them.

It is partially your fault i'm getting a Kraken after your post recently about it. I've got some 2mm steel rope coming too next week so was, after I get the hang of it, get some to you to try out.

I will part with many things vape-wise but the old brass Nemi will be pried from my cold dead hands....

I've been toying with the idea of trying a Genny tank for ages as I've heard the flavour is amazing and it's one thing I've never tried to build. Just had too many tanks/attys in rotation to justify the research/outlay for yet another piece.

Your wee experiment has answered a few questions I had, so might do a bit more reading up and order some mesh to mess about with. There's a couple of attys I have that would suit being turned into flavour machines...

Cheers!

Do it, you'll no regret it. The mesh has finally given me what I was after in the V2 Mephy.
That brilliant chap Rob stealthvape will sort you out with mesh, go on, go on, y'will....

It is partially your fault i'm getting a Kraken after your post recently about it. I've got some 2mm steel rope coming too next week so was, after I get the hang of it, get some to you to try out.

I will part with many things vape-wise but the old brass Nemi will be pried from my cold dead hands....

I decided to give the rope a miss with just the mesh it is wicking so well.

Back
Top Bottom