What's new

Looking for advice on mechanical mod coils

I don't normally "fancy" coils on a mech as I like to just use very low resistance wire like Chaos or flat wire ether 20 gauge or 21 gauge but one wire I have been using a lot on mech as the ramp up is very little is SS fused clapton by Chaos/CCC this wire comes on a spool and is 2 x 24AWG Fused With 38AWG which works perfect on a mech

I don't normally "fancy" coils on a mech as I like to just use very low resistance wire like Chaos or flat wire ether 20 gauge or 21 gauge but one wire I have been using a lot on mech as the ramp up is very little is SS fused clapton by Chaos/CCC this wire comes on a spool and is 2 x 24AWG Fused With 38AWG which works perfect on a mech

Where is this wire available? Ticking all the right boxes for me[emoji106]

Thanks for posting the link coz I get it direct from James by messaging him but I just looked on his site
Vapor-royalty.com and it's showing out of stock on there, I knew other site stock it for him just didn't know who.

@pex you can get the fused clapton in SS 316L and Chaos wire, Shade-e-vaping is selling but ether is good to use on a mech coz there both low resistance wires. Chaos is a unique blend that James has made for him.

For my mech I like twisted wire or today accidentally made a great coil for it ( it wasn't for the mech but worked great).
Triple 28g gave a nice vape at 0.3 on a dual coil and those cheap "alien" coils that are just claptoned flat wire, with an extra wrap made from the long legs, came out amazing on the mech, better on the box but a surprisingly fast ramp up for how thick they are at 0.27 this time.

Generally twisted is my go to for the mech though as it's thick and gives a slightly better favor imo than plain wire, but has the ohm drop to get more power.
As always as long as it's safe, I'll fire it.

Screenshot_20160930-143915.png

I like this 0.22 ohm dual parallel 26g Kanthel build on my BFM mech..6 or 7 wraps on a 3mm bit covers alot of cotton and has a fast ramp up..vapes great! :)

For my mech I like twisted wire or today accidentally made a great coil for it ( it wasn't for the mech but worked great).
Triple 28g gave a nice vape at 0.3 on a dual coil and those cheap "alien" coils that are just claptoned flat wire, with an extra wrap made from the long legs, came out amazing on the mech, better on the box but a surprisingly fast ramp up for how thick they are at 0.27 this time.

Generally twisted is my go to for the mech though as it's thick and gives a slightly better favor imo than plain wire, but has the ohm drop to get more power.
As always as long as it's safe, I'll fire it.
Twisted is good and a few years back I used it a lot. Another build I was fond of was tiger wire especially made with nicrome

I'm happy with flat ni80 at the min 20g 22g an 24g...

Think I mentioned previously on this thread I was using twisted ss but much prefer the ni80.

Twisted is good and a few years back I used it a lot. Another build I was fond of was tiger wire especially made with nicrome
Yeah twisted is my usual for the mech because it's easy and combines a decent ramp up with a similar flavor boost to clapton over plain wire.
On the regulated I make so many wires that would just be too slow for the mech though

Back
Top Bottom