Sub-Ohm Warning!

Readers who are building very low ohm coils must be aware of the risks in regards to batteries and inhalation.
Please read THIS POST for more information.

POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

I'm new to this vaping stuff

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasing & Sub Ohming' started by Michael Daniel, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Michael Daniel

Michael Daniel New Member

Well I hooked up a Smok G-Priv 220W TV (yes i know the G Priv 2 has released long time ago) . It was originally my friend's and he sold it to me with 528 Goon v1.0 and I was wondering how capable is the mod paired with a dual coil setup with Kanthal A1 24AWG 0.5 diameter(I think) with 5 wraps resulting 0.17 ohm. I personally think that it was good enough for cloud chasing with 80/20 with 60W 4.2 V but I really want to know whether is it good enough or not. And are there any good recommendation for better cloud chasing experience? Right now i am using a VGOD (which I borrowed from my friend for a day with my G Priv on his hand) with the same RDA and I think it works better than my SMOK. Is it or Is it not?

2. mattyk2010

mattyk2010 Achiever

I don't understand the question mate if you want bigger clouds turn the wattage up on the smok simple

3. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

I think it’s good enough. So relax, and breathe in.

4. BULLDOG1964

BULLDOG1964 Veteran

sounds good to me so just enjoy..

5. Michael Daniel

Well some veteran vapers did told me that it doesn't work just by increasing watt for cloud chasing lol. I did turned up the watt to 90+W and resulted that the cloud was legit but the battery drained like hell and it literally drank liquid so i stopped doing those LOL

6. Michael Daniel

Ok
    ok thanks bro for your reply. I do want to join a local cloud chasing tournament in my country (Indonesia). Do you think I'll make it through? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. BULLDOG1964

BULLDOG1964 Veteran

only you will no that go for it you never no unless you enter good luck..

8. Tom LM

Tom LM Initiate

The answer is indeed not to increase the wattage. But it remains simple. Use claptons. What you need to increase vapour production as well as flavour for that matter, is more contact surface for the liquid. That's what claptons do. You then play with different gauges and resistance to put more wraps in and further increase the vapour production. Another very important factor is the wicks. If your cotton doesn't wick properly it doesn't matter what coils you put in...

9. Tom LM

Tom LM Initiate

Also, if I may add something, avoid kanthal as it ramps up way to slowly. Use Ni80 or SS.