What's new

Hullo *Cough cough wheeze cough splutter*

Tromain

Learned Ape
So, I've just had my very first EVER subohm experience...
My vape history has been rather tame, the most "exotic" I got was my DIY juices at 12.5w(rarely hit the max 15w of my zmax v3) on 1.5 - 1.8 ohm coils.

I quit vaping for a year or so when my zmax started having problems firing, untill a week or so ago. Money was no longer so tight so I decided to get back into vaping once more.. I won a Velocity RDA from kaplan98 within days of coming back to this lovely forum, which has been sat here for nearly a week - unused.

I collected my IPV3 LI from the sorting office at 4pm, by 5pm I was sat at my PC getting everything setup, screwed the velocity on, 0.46Ω.

Had a massive brainfart when I had this urge to see the coil all lit up, as I had -never- seen such an awesome coil before(I just used ribbon kanthal myself!) and had a huge WUMPH! Flames roared up and left tiny scraps of cotton wick behind... :diy::oops:

Now no cotton in place I fired it up at 80w.. and nearly went blind looking at this mini sun in my hand!

Stuck more cotton in; also new to me, used silica before, but mostly just mesh in my genesis atty, juiced it up with Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream - gotta love Pixie Juice! Fitted the top cap and drip tip, took a large pull... and fell back in my PC chair coughing my lungs up like the first time I had a fag.

Took a few minutes to recover the ability to breathe once again and dropped it from 80w to 70w and tried again, finally I got it to 40w where I can vape without my choking haha.

So umm ya.. that's my first foray into sub ohming! Have some piccies while I'm here! (Coil was made by kaplan98 not me.. I couldn't even begin to GUESS how to make this coil!) Sorry they aren;t that great, but best my Lumia 635 can manage!
11998520_10153397149052284_876970264_n.jpg
12048600_10153402332152284_1131436179_n.jpg
12071841_10153402331077284_8380088_n.jpg
12067279_10153402331327284_75813971_n.jpg

Pretty cool. You don't go at things half hearted do you lol. 80watt 1st blast haha . I'm pretty new to RDAs and wow was my impression. [emoji106]hope your enjoying

Haha I'm loving it! Only reason I went in at 80 is kaplan98 told me I would need 70-80w or so to run the coil he left in there hahaha.. But then he didn't know I had never sub ohmed before! :D

I am a tad light headed though... and I don't even use nicotine in my juices!

Is that a tsuka coil? (no idea how spelt). Glad you're enjoying, damn you're brave hitting at 80w straight off. Even down at 0.24ohm I start at max 30 and start ramping up lol just paranoid I guess!

Is that a tsuka coil? (no idea how spelt). Glad you're enjoying, damn you're brave hitting at 80w straight off. Even down at 0.24ohm I start at max 30 and start ramping up lol just paranoid I guess!

Tsuka.. Tsuga.. meh whatever, but ya, it is. Pumps out so much damn vape and the flavor is the best I have -ever- had. I seriously need to learn how to make the wire to do this, but in the mean time think I'll baby this coil and try to keep it alive for as long as I can!

I find on a .5ohm coil, around 37-45w is good, gives me the best flavor.

Glad you took the step into sub-ohm though? I mainly went sub-ohm due to using mechs, I've stayed ever since! Pop a window open, it's about to get foggy!!!

Go check out some clapton coil vids on YT, everything evolves around them. Along the journey you'll become addicted with coils, and testing your own preferred one! :)

Last edited:
@hazard93 Oh ya, I'm loving sub ohm life. Sure my juice expenses may go up, but for the flavor and clouds I'm getting that's fine with me! I've dropped down to 35w and this is ideal for the juice I've got on the go, once the wick is cleared enough then I'll try my apple and mint juice in there to see how that stacks up :D

I've seen a few vids on making claptons which seems easy enough, I'll have to get my drill back from my mate so I can give them a go, can;t find anything about making Tsuka/Tsuga coils though..

hazard93 Oh ya, I'm loving sub ohm life. Sure my juice expenses may go up, but for the flavor and clouds I'm getting that's fine with me! I've dropped down to 35w and this is ideal for the juice I've got on the go, once the wick is cleared enough then I'll try my apple and mint juice in there to see how that stacks up :D

Next step in your adventure.. DIY! ;)

For a first outing that's a mighty fine coil .... might want a few less watts though :D

Back
Top Bottom