What's new

hmm, I need a chemist. wire help!

Nichrome ought to be OK or there would be lots of horrible health stories about people being poisoned by their electric fires - this is usually the material used to wind the elements. Some people use nothing else for vaping and if there had been any issues we'd almost certainly have heard of them by now.

Nickel isn't exactly good for you either. As long as the surface doesn't show any signs of erosion (This goes for any wire) it should be OK. If it does almost regardless of composition, then don't vape it.

Delivering finely divided metals into your lungs mean it is in its most bio-available form. This is not good.

No hexavalent in our wire "Based on the preformed tests on submitted samples, the results of Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated biphenlys (PBB). Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) comply with the limits as set by RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU Annex II; recasting 2002/95EC

You have to be fussy about metals as the human body isn't especially good at getting rid of them.

I'd looked into alternative wires during the titanium times. The only other two that were potentials were manganese and platinum. Turned out manganese isn't good health wise but platinum should be perfect. The problem with platinum is that it's expensive to start off with and only seems to really be used as a component in an electron microscope iirc so has a medical use premium added making it by far the most expensive vape you'll every have.

Think I'll send wires.co.uk an email about the composition of their nichrome as annoyingly it's the only.place I have found with wire thick enough.

Basically, this is what I want.to do- take 0.8 nichrome and 0.8 kanthal, and Parralel them to form a 8 wrap total (so, 4 of each) micro dual coil to use at vapefest. If I'm correct the nichrome will help with the kanthals long as foock heat up time.
And as mentioned previously, the wire was not from you, it was just sent down by someone as a "Coil this and you win" test since its stiffer than Rolf Harris in a primary school production of Moulin rouge.

Think I'll send wires.co.uk an email about the composition of their nichrome as annoyingly it's the only.place I have found with wire thick enough.

Basically, this is what I want.to do- take 0.8 nichrome and 0.8 kanthal, and Parralel them to form a 8 wrap total (so, 4 of each) micro dual coil to use at vapefest. If I'm correct the nichrome will help with the kanthals long as foock heat up time.
And as mentioned previously, the wire was not from you, it was just sent down by someone as a "Coil this and you win" test since its stiffer than Rolf Harris in a primary school production of Moulin rouge.

I have some 1.25mm nichrome 80 here mate from eBay, 5 wrap single coil sat at 0.02 ohms, tried it once and wasn't as bad as I thought It would be. Not an adv though

Sent from my unknown using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

The voices in my head tell me to do things all the time. I don't listen to them. Yes you do you liar. No he doesn't. Why did you have to join in, no one asked you. Oh Christ it's him. Hey lay off him, he's one of the decent ones. Yea, lay off him. If you're all going to get on at me I'll hold my breath. Good luck with that when there's twelve of us breathing. Why don't we make him kill people? Oh yes, that's something we can all get behind. A killing spree? Woohoo! We haven't done that for ages.

This has to be the most entertaining post that I have read in a long time. Lol

I have some 1.25mm nichrome 80 here mate from eBay, 5 wrap single coil sat at 0.02 ohms, tried it once and wasn't as bad as I thought It would be. Not an adv though

Fook me. I need some.of that! ! ;)
I did get some 17awg kanthal off Steve, but at the time nothing I had would fit it. Ysixbdidbd. :(

Yeah it's worth a go, I had an igo w with the posts drilled to 1.5mm and it wasn't easy to wrap at all.

Back
Top Bottom